Commissions on Options Trades

Discussion in 'Options' started by EliteTraderNYC, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Wow, such huge price discrepancy? I havent noticed that yet.

#51     Mar 10, 2012
  2. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

I assumed he was referring to his commissions, not the premium he paid. So he's pisssed over $3 on 500 shares.

#52     Mar 11, 2012
  3. teun

teun

In both cases you must have removed liquidity. On PHLX you pay for this (not for all options btw) and on BOX you get paid for this.

#53     Mar 11, 2012
  4. teun

teun

So possibly the first order was not sent to an exchange (in which case nobody can see it). Or are you sure that the order was sent to an exchange?

#54     Mar 11, 2012
  5. spindr0

spindr0

Were you hitting the bid or asked or did you place a limit order on the respective orders?

#55     Mar 11, 2012
  6. spindr0

spindr0

I think the two issues are mutually exclusive. You find the broker who provides the trading tools that you need and whose fee schedule best suits your frequency of trading. Then you concentrate on attaining your return.

2 G's is a lot to throw away.

#56     Mar 11, 2012
  7. hajimow

hajimow

It was definitely sent. I saw that the bid size was increased by 100 after my order.

#57     Mar 11, 2012
  8. Hey, if it was a single order executed on different exchanges, then IB's smart routing will route it so that your average still comes out to 0.70 cents a contract. In my experience, that is..

I've noticed that with some of my trades too. So for you, your 10 contracts got filled for a total of around $8. A bit more than 0.70 cents but still decent. Depends on whether you're adding or removing liquidity (like someone previously mentioned)

At least that's the impression I got from your situation..

#58     Mar 11, 2012