Commissions! Commissions! Commissions!

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by gimp570, Aug 1, 2007.

1. No shot can you get .002 for only 1 million per month.

What the heck would the 10 million plus guys get....free trading?

Maybe a rebate shop like SwiftTrade would give you that....but you get what you pay for...stuck quotes, stuck orders, system crashes, no news services, etc.

Give me a fast reliable system, and I'll gladly pay a little extra.

#11     Aug 1, 2007
  2. Million shares a month, and you can get at least .0020. Full 100 payout if you put up your own capital. Now if the firm is putting up the capital different story of course. Everybody inside a prop has a different negotiated rate so you will never get an accurate answer. Just letting you know it is possible, good luck.

#12     Aug 2, 2007
  3. ok sosa, you clarified that you can get at least!! ..... but 2.00 per thousand is the magic number, not offered by any of the firms i know of.. 2.50 per thousand is doable ... a rate of 2.00 per thousand for 1 million shares not realistic . imo..... i would like to see that comm, with a good platform..... have to agree with longhorns, their are more considerations than the comm rate.. , a trader needs a good platform & other support factors to make trading work effectively.

#13     Aug 2, 2007
  4. I agree with longhorn too, a good platform is essential no doubt! Who cares how low the rate is, if the platform breaks down or is prone to errors. The best combination is decent rate with a quality platform.

#14     Aug 2, 2007
  5. sosa i agree.. a good thread with no wise guys for once..

#15     Aug 2, 2007
  6. what are liquidity rebates?

#16     Aug 4, 2007
  7. "actually back in 1993, i paid $150.00 per 1000 shares traded with olde discount brokerage, a different world than today, it was done with brokers back then, thats the old days & that was considered a good comm, if you traded with merrill , $ 300.00 plus . the rates these days are rock bottom, we all get caught up in the rate game... need good setups to make $$"

Yeah I totally concur, commissions are a futile game. Up unit about 9 years ago I was paying 3% round trip in and out on Dollar value of trade, yep, three percent, 1.5 in and 1.5 out. Through a canadian bank, which was all I could do at the time. I eventually got an account out of the states that was cheaper, but guess what I made a ton of money, and I am taking pre 1999. Too many guys look for commssions to save the day!

In 95 I think I was one of the first guys out their swing trading, and didn't even know that's what I was doing, unable to use charts, used volume and price in the newspaper and comparing weekly newspapers scanning thousands of tickers, looking for ever so slight trend changes in price and volume and making fantastic money, averaging 30% per trade, all be it over a few days or weeks. But the commissions were killing me at the time, so I figured out a way to make money any way.
    Never mind I had no charts, scanning software, real time data, etc, etc.

I personally pay the standard 9.99 per trade, albeit some trades are very large, others not but if the commissions are affecting trading then I totally concur with Scorpion, one needs good setups.

#17     Aug 5, 2007
  8. hey hazard, another old school trader, good to see a few us still around. we learned the hard way. its all about good setups no matter your style or comm. i always find a way to be profitable just being a well rounded knowledgeable trader.. knowledge is power & everyone must learn to earn to be in the markets for the long term , only the strong survive .

#18     Aug 6, 2007
  9. trader531

trader531

I know Razr Trading will give you .003 Per Share and 20:1 Leverage if you do 500K or more shares a month.

www.razrtrading.com

#19     Aug 8, 2007
  10. gimp570

gimp570

is .003 a share still a good rate for someone doing 1 million shares a month. or should i be paying less?

#20     Feb 10, 2008