Commissions - are these standard?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Godzilla27, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Hi,

I'm doing some research on a trading system for a fund/pooled account and they have the following commissions in the system -

10,000 lots - $3 commission round turn (for volume 0-1 yard)
    20,000 lots - $4 commission round turn (for volume 1-2 yard)
    30,000 lots - $5 commission round turn (for volume 2-3 yard)

So for example, say the fund had 10m USD in it,the strategy would do an average volume per month of about 2-3 yards, so 30,000 lots, which has a $5 commission round turn.

Im wondering if this is high low, standard etc for the industry?

2. traider

traider

what product are you trading? that makes a huge diff

murray t turtle likes this.
  3. DevBru

DevBru

Commissions going up the more volume you trade? I would expect commissions getting cheaper the more volume i trade.

murray t turtle and d08 like this.
  4. Spot FX/CFD Indices/Precious Metals vs USD

Should say i'm not trading this, this is a managers strategy

5. Sorry I wasn't clear, this is a rebate the strategy/fund manager is offering. so he is probably keeping a chunk himself? So the larger the investment, more you get rebated etc.

6. thecoder

thecoder

What on hell is a "yard", man? In this context I mean. Never seen that before in the finance world.
    Must be something of the royalists, right? :)

7. 1,000 standard forex lots

A "yard" is a financial slang term meaning one billion. It is used to avoid confusion with the words million or trillion when making a trade. The term is often used in currency trading. Someone who buys a yard of U.S. dollars is purchasing one billion dollars.Aug 21, 2019

Yard Definition - Investopedia

thecoder likes this.
  8. The product you are using has a role to play in it. I think you should have mentioned the product that you are using for better answers.

9. Viotac

Viotac

Depends on products
    [​IMG]

10. The broker can charge commission on the basis of volume or on the basis of lots trading.

#10     Nov 25, 2020