Commissions are becoming ridiclous

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Sky123987, Mar 8, 2009.

1. With prices of shares coming down so much, it cost > 2 times to put on the same position.

2. One word- Futures.

Another word- Forex.

3. maybe try to negotiate lower rates..

4. Yeah.. commissions suck.

I trade the treasuries and trade about 500-600 rt per month. Am I getting a good deal at 3.14$ all-inclusive?

Just wondering if anyone can reco some other broker with cheaper commissions.

5. Don't forget the increase in SEC fees to bang you out as well.

6. Commissions are a JOKE!

Are you guys getting out after 1-2 ticks?!

That's ridiculous.

I'll admit over $10 is high, if it's disount biz, but still.

$3 or $5 or $7. I never understood this.

WHO are these people who NEED three bucks a trade to be profitable? It's a fine line for some, I guess

7. Commissions kill.

Take the treasuries for example, it cost 1.14$ per round in total to place the trade. Anything above that goes to the broker. I pay $3.14 per round turn.

If I trade 500 round turn a month, a $0.50 discount per round would mean $250 savings a month. $3000 a year. That could pay off rent for a couple of months. I don't care who you are, it all adds up.

I rather bargin for cheaper commissions and be a tightwad for this somewhat insignificant monies and put those savings into my pocket.

I'm not thinking about the short game. I want to make this a career.

8. Gcapman

Gcapman

You should try prop firm trading. I pay approx 35 cents per 100 shares and trade leveraged ETFs. I trade with Next Level Trading. Check out Gil's blog: www.listentoyourchart.com. Pretty good stuff IMO

9. Try telling that to a guy moving a million plus shares a day.

10. My edge isn't enough to trade anything < 10 bucks. A lot of those stocks are now falling into that catagory. (I take liquity)

#10     Mar 8, 2009