commission rates for volume trader

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by NYSEscalpa, Mar 31, 2004.

1. alanm

alanm

Well done, Eric.

#31     Apr 3, 2005
  2. eric i thought nyse has no ecn fees so if bright is charging .075 or so for all in less than 2k shares they're killing it as they're pocketing the whole.075 and if sommebody does naz and provides liquidity brights killing it to no end.like you said anyones a fool not to have a base rate plus or minus ecn's

#32     Apr 4, 2005
  3. people do use isld and arca for nyse. but i gotta say .75 cents is being raped. if people are paying that much these days then they deserve to wash out of the biz. but having said that, i doubt very seriously that bright charges that much to anyone doing any kind of volume.

#33     Apr 4, 2005
  4. We simply offer alternatives to traders based on their trading styles and trading business model. If you trade a lot, then you get your rate (for example .5 or so), minus .2 if you add liquidity, plus.3 if you take liquidity. The rate then would be from .3 up, and the trader decides. The whole idea is to tailor the whole process to the traders style of trading, volume, markets traded, use of capital, business model, etc.

There are always better "deals" (in one aspect or another)- but when you check all the variables, we are very competitive.

Just clarifying...

All the best!!

Don

#34     Apr 4, 2005
  5. Why hassle with all this nonsense???? Trade futures and options and fuck the ECN and DOT fees. Equities had died long ago. Move on to better vehicles.

#35     Apr 4, 2005
  6. What a well written and accurate post.

#36     Nov 29, 2005
  7. By looking at the balance sheets prior to putting you money up. If they don't show you, then run away.

Some detractors on the board take offense, and say that I am "pounding the same drum" - but as a former Public Accountant, and President of my own management firm, I tell clients in every business the same thing.

Serious traders will sit down with the firm Principals, and discuss their needs, their history, and all aspects of their trading business. Rates vary somewhat, BP varies a lot, and all in all, the traders bottom line is what counts, and is what makes a Company strong and long lasting. A firm cannot do well if their traders don't prosper.

FWIW,

Don

#37     Nov 30, 2005