commission is everything for HFT and day traders

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by HFT2013, Apr 20, 2013.

1. 1245

If you not a broker dealer, can you give me an example of a broker that would offer rates close to this? I think even a broker dealer going direct to a prime broker will have problems getting these rates these days. The clearance firms that did it in the past never made money.

#11     Apr 22, 2013
  2. HFT2013

HFT2013

I am not a broker/dealer and I don't want to do any advertisement here. If you are interested,
    I can send you a message personally.

#12     Apr 22, 2013
  3. I'm not sure what you're trying to sell with your negative attitude here, but I'm pretty sure I know when my PNL is positive, lol. But I do agree that good quality execution is very important.

#13     Apr 22, 2013
  4. HFT2013

HFT2013

I am not selling anything, because I am not a broker/dealer. Only brokers who charge expensive commissions should consider what I claimed "negative". For traders, instead, letting them know the truth is a positive thing. Moreover, this title of this thread is "commission rate is everything for HFT and day traders. Are you a day trader or HFT traders at all?
    I guess you have some interest with a retail broker of a prop shop, otherwise you won't think I am negative. Moreover, only telling people your PNL is positive is nothing. What is your Sharp ratio in your real account? How long does it last? If you don't dare to show people but only saying your PNL is positive, it is totally nothing.

#14     Apr 23, 2013
  5. Hmm, just referrals I guess.

Good enough I don't need to trade insults with people whose English and motivations are questionable. I was hoping for a meaningful discussion of the topic, but you clearly aren't interested in that. Goodbye.

#15     Apr 23, 2013
  6. HFT2013

HFT2013

I am not an American, and I am Chinese. That is why my English sometimes is not idiomatic. There are lots of new immigrants in this country whose English are not as good as natives. So you have a problem with all of them?

I stand for trader's interest, because I am a trader. I don't stand for brokers' interest. That's why I started this thread. You don't like what I wrote obviously. The only reason that I can figure out is that you are or you work for a broker who charges expensive commission from traders.

#16     Apr 27, 2013
  7. hafez50

hafez50

The guys on here don't know how to negotiate.A retail guy doing 500k can get .002. 1 mil vol a month .0015. Prop throw max .001 per share on. Hft guys pay 30 to 50 cent per 1000. Nobodys going to tell you what they pay per share. Its up to you to use your skills to get these rates.You might have to talk to a few brokers to get it. Brokers are desperate for vol as trading activity as collapsed the last 5 yrs

#17     Apr 27, 2013
  8. I fully agreed and support you. To be honest, I try to tell the whole world for a long time that the commissions and slippage that make the short term trading a negative sum game but I keep on get shot down by someone with "special" interest in this topic.

Don't forget, this site is sponsored by broker firm.:D

#18     Apr 27, 2013
  9. I am sure he meant no disrespect, since it is assumed everyone is American with perfect English. It's not a good mindset, but that is reality in this country. I spent 6 months in Asia, so I have some experience with different languages. anyhow, don't worry about this.

i'll rant on this subject later.

#19     Apr 27, 2013
  10. No more response ? :D

#20     Apr 28, 2013