Commission Analysis

Discussion in 'Trading' started by calibertrader, Sep 16, 2002.

1. What I'd like to do is come up with an analysis of what traders pay. I will calc all the numbers, and give everyone the average commissions currently being paid by traders for each category. I will break the categories up by volume and bullets, and maybe more if I get alot of data. This way, we can get benchmarks for ourselves, and we negotiate our rates better, rather then listening to random people who tell we can get 1/10 of a cent which doesn't exist. So if you don't mind please provide us this info on the board or if you'd like to keep it private, PM me. So if you can provide us with the average volume you do a month, average total bullet shares you do a month, what your commissions are, base rate + all the ecn's and NYSE providers. And if you're a NASDAQ trader, NYSE trader, or both (% of NASDAQ and NYSE), desk fee's if any, and any other info you can think of that would be helpful.

2. If you think the above post is a bad idea, let me know, and I will close down this thread.