Comments? Racism in Florida death

Discussion in 'Politics' started by cgroupman, Mar 8, 2012.

1. seems like race relations got worse after Obama ascended to power.

#21     Mar 8, 2012
  2. Which he had no business doing and the kid would have been right to tell him to fuck off

#22     Mar 8, 2012
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

Oh you haven't heard? That's Bush's fault too.

#23     Mar 8, 2012
  4. Wasn't that the plan.

#24     Mar 8, 2012
  5. That's a big part of the this whole nightmare. Why should some 'guy' shoot anyone when he already called 911 and they told him to hang tight? So, even if is not racism, it's much worse if he's just a cowboy shooting his gun at anyone. What a mess.

c

#25     Mar 8, 2012
  6. The guy got out of the car, who cares if some kid said something. And 'a gun came out' as if by magic, look AAA, you and I have shared some good discussions over the years, but you have to be kidding me. 'a gun came out.'

I said we needed more facts and all that, but based on what we know so far, man, what a mess.

c

#26     Mar 8, 2012
  7. Good to know you have 'visions' about this. This is exactly what I was afraid of coming from the extremes here, blame the victim. I honestly hope none of your kids have to face this type of thing.

And, did you promote some 'neighborhood watch guy' up to 'security guard?' Quite the leap, at least security guards are trained somewhat.

This is not Bush or Obama or even anything remotely like that. This is just plain a murder investigation. And a child lies dead.

c

#27     Mar 8, 2012
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

It would generally be perfectly legal PROVIDED the shooter had cause to fear for his life. Regardless of what a 911 operator told him to do.
    Which is easy for the 911 operator to say/advise as they're not the ones under threat.

However having said that, based on the very limited details in the article, I'm guessing the shooter may be facing some legal troubles. It's generally going to be VERY difficult for an armed man in a car to claim self defense in shooting an unarmed pedestrian.

#28     Mar 8, 2012
  9. Apparently only two people know what happened for certain. The dead kid and the shooter, and the whole truth will probably never be known. Did the kid give this guy some shit? Was this some wanna' be gunslinger with a quick trigger? Who knows? One thing for certain, race will be a definitive factor at the trial.

#29     Mar 8, 2012
  10. Well, that's the question, isn't it? The whole thing doesn't make a lot of sense. You posit only two possibilities, racism or irresponsiblity. All I'm saying is we need to hear his side of it before we start drawing conclusions.

#30     Mar 8, 2012