Comments? Racism in Florida death

Discussion in 'Politics' started by cgroupman, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Family of Florida boy killed by Neighborhood Watch seeks arrest

(Reuters) - The family of a 17-year-old African-American boy shot to death last month in his gated Florida community by a white Neighborhood Watch captain wants to see the captain arrested, the family's lawyer said on Wednesday.

snip

Without waiting for police to arrive, Crump said, Zimmerman confronted Trayvon, who was on the sidewalk near his home. By the time police got there, Trayvon was dead of a single gunshot to the chest.

snip

Since Trayvon, a high school junior who wanted to be a pilot, was black and Zimmerman is white, Crump said race is "the 600 pound elephant in the room."

A very sad story at bare minimum. Kid staying with father in gated community, shot by neighborhood watch guy who called 911 but didn't wait, went after the kid in his car, got out and shot the 17 year old. Kid had skiddles in his jacket for his 13 year old brother.

Are we going to say the kid must have deserved this God, I hope not. Of course we don't know all the facts yet, but this is painful.

Short read:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012...9M20120308?feedType=RSS&feedName=domesticNews

c
    :( :(

2. This will most likely be the only post on this thread. Look into the hearts, C. This thread will be off of the front page in two days.

3. I'm not trying to start anything here. This popped up on my Reuter's news feed as I was researching something else. I was surprised that I hadn't heard of this, being the news junkie I am.

I sincerely hope that this goes to some sort of legal action. I would love to know what this guy was doing, and how he will claim self-defense or whatever. It's a sad, sad story.

Even our rightest of right wing, and leftest of left wing friends here must think this is a bad thing.

c

4. I sincerely hope this young man gets the justice he deserves.

That neighborhood watch pig had no business confronting that kid if he was just walking down the street

5. Max E.

Max E.

There is no doubt it was due to racism, its sad that legitimate stories about racism like this one dont get the coverage they deserve.

6. I cant see any claim to self defense if he confronted a kid walking down the street minding his own business

7. Thank you, I really thank you for your honest response. I hope they get a real strong lawyer to handle this.

c

8. Brass

Brass

I hope that the investigation is thorough and the justice exacting.

9. Max E.

Max E.

I do too, the bottom line is that people become desensitized to talk about racism, due to all the people who non chalantly throw the "Racist" accusation out these days, and it is very sad, because when legitimate racism like this happens it no longer gets the coverage it deserves.

10. Brass

Brass

Nice try. But you're just looking for cover because you defended a number of known racists here under your previous user names (Steelers Baby and Hello), some of whom have since been purged. You stood up for some of their hate speech and obfuscated their true nature. I guess it might be a question of degree for you, eh, with "racist lite" being okay and not worthy of mention.

#10     Mar 8, 2012