Comments on eSignal 7.x and above

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Chuck_T, May 16, 2003.

1. I'd like to see a true replay function rather than the current replay function which just scrolls the bars in a single chart.

What I have in mind is something what would scroll the T&S, show the tick bars being rebuilt along with the associated bar charts.

I have three charts associated with a given issue (tick bars, 30 sec bars and 3 min bars). The current replay function will only scroll a single chart, I'd a like a replay function where all the associated charts for an issue (including T&S) are rebuilt on a tick by tick basis just like it was during the day in real time.

#51     Jun 5, 2003
  2. Something I'd like is the ability to automatically annotate a chart with trades.

This function would read a delimited text file containing the trades and then show the buys and sell on a chart (tick bars, bar chart etc..) and then allow you to save that annotated chart offline.

Such a function would save me a lot a time since I do that manually each day.

#52     Jun 5, 2003
  3. Good idea puffy gum!

Maybe even a automatic trade when you trade on papertrader module, some arrows will be drawn on the adv chart so that the training purpose of the papertrader module is enhanced...

#53     Jun 5, 2003
  4. toby400

toby400

Can you subscribe to E Signal for Euro data (DAX ) only?

or do you have to pay for US markets albeit one would not use the US data?

:confused:

#54     Jun 5, 2003
  5. Question for eSignal,
    Is there any way for a user to limit the amount of Time and Sales data when a new symbol is typed in?

eSig 7.3 seems to pull about one days worth of data every time, which can be alot of data ex. csco.

I want to be able to choose how many minutes or hours back the Time and Sales window pulls when a new symbol is entered.

This would cut down on bandwidth usage and allow the window to fill quicker.

#55     Jun 5, 2003
  6. Lancer

Lancer

eSignal 7.4 does this. The feature is called "Playback". Save tick data to a file, then load the symbol $Playback on the charts, etc. that you want the data to playback on.

Link to 7.4 download:
    http://forum.esignalcentral.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2328

#56     Jun 5, 2003
  7. JayF_eSignal

JayF_eSignal eSignal

As part of 7.4 a Playback feature has been added. This allows the download of up to 10 days of ticks, and then playing those ticks back on an Advanced Chart. The speed that it is played back defaults to 1x actual speed, however this can be easily adjusted up to 200x speed. 7.4 Beta can be downloaded from http://share.esignal.com/groupcontents.jsp?folder=&groupid=132

Please know that the playback currently works only on Advanced Charts, however I'll pass along the request for T&S to be included and the chart notation file.

#57     Jun 5, 2003
  8. ratso

ratso

Something else that would be nice would be to let backtesting run in a separate thread. As it is now, Esignal completely freezes up during backtesting.

thanks

#58     Jun 5, 2003
  9. Chuck_T

Chuck_T eSignal

#59     Jun 7, 2003

10. Any timelines on scanner integration yet? thanks

#60     Jul 8, 2003