Comments on eSignal 7.x and above

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Chuck_T, May 16, 2003.

1. thanks for the reply,

I more question, If i wanted to, could I only pop up a 2 min es and a 15 min spx on my dual monitor workstation, as opposed to
    the main page.

Thanks

#21     May 17, 2003
  2. I did a little test about a year ago. At that time 50 symbols took about 3.8kbytes/sec. This was high volume NYSE/NASDAQ stocks plus a few indices.

#22     May 17, 2003
  3. Thanks Chuck,

I really think that would be a massive improvement for those of us involved in systems development and testing. the ability to import and export data (we already have export now) I think is central to any good system. But I take your point about splits and things.

Thanks for the reply, I hope it happens.

Rgds

Natalie

#23     May 17, 2003
  4. Overall great service-many months!

[1]How long has your email customer service been down this mourning??

I Vote to get the toll free # back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A question of interest to many perhaps;

On signal 7.3. how do i get that unwanted 1/2 inch by 17''blueline that says ''SPY'' off my carts.

On the earlier versions, SPY chart line would be at the top then would click and get another line that says "SPY''- I dont want the 3rd blue line; it knocked off the bottom line name of the months off .

:)

#24     May 19, 2003
  5. shyhh

shyhh

Any plan for a esignal API for retail customer ?

#25     May 19, 2003
  6. Hi Murray,

I checked with our LiveRep/email service personnel and we have had no reported problems with either services. Could you describe what problem you're having with emailing us?

Also, I'm not sure I understand the nature of the problem you're having with SPY. Could you private message me with more info on that? I'm looking at an advanced chart of SPY on multiple time frames and I don't get this blue line which is 1/2 inch by 17 inches.

Regards,

#26     May 19, 2003
  7. -----------------------------------------
    Chuck;

Same thing with me emailing signal 20 minutes ago;no reply.
    THANKS in advance for making SURE me or anyone else DOESNT have to hold for long periods on a pay call!!!

Phone is MUCH more efficient , more clear ,faster and human than email for tek support. Fortunately signal doesnt need much tek support.:cool:

Ps, Thanks for this forum;don't want to pay toll call if possible.:)

#27     May 19, 2003
  8. Chuck,

When will eSignal be able to compete with TS7.1 on the following missing features :

1. Tick charts : you can't use line tools with them (same for second chart)

2. Backtesting module : impossible to use it with Tick charts (or second chart): time analysis is always wrong

3. No optimizer in eSignal

4. What about giving us more historical data now? TS will propose 20 years of intraday history...Can't you buy the data you lost from external source (tickdata?) and put them on your servers so we have a decent intraday history now in order that the backtesting feature of 7.x is worth something...?

5. No equivalent to Radarscreen scanners in eSignal. Web based scanners are not fast enough. Between Qcharts realtime hotlists, TS Radarscreen, and eSignal market scanners, the worst of the class is eSignal.

6. Bad spread support : as someone said, we can only use line charts which is not at all interesting. Should be able to use candle/barcharts.

Because of all those missing features I am obliged to subscribe to both software. Apart from that, happy to hear you will support 180 markets at the end of the year, with acquisition of Comstock!

#28     May 19, 2003
  9. Chuck,

When will eSignal be able to compete with TS7.1 on the following missing features :

1. Tick charts : you can't use line tools with them (same for second chart)

2. Backtesting module : impossible to use it with Tick charts (or second chart): time analysis is always wrong

3. No optimizer in eSignal

4. What about giving us more historical data now? TS will propose 20 years of intraday history...Can't you buy the data you lost from external source (tickdata?) and put them on your servers so we have a decent intraday history now in order that the backtesting feature of 7.x is worth something...?

5. No equivalent to Radarscreen scanners in eSignal. Web based scanners are not fast enough. Between Qcharts realtime hotlists, TS Radarscreen, and eSignal market scanners, the worst of the class is eSignal.

6. Bad spread support : as someone said, we can only use line charts which is not at all interesting. Should be able to use candle/barcharts.

Because of all those missing features I am obliged to subscribe to both software. Apart from that, happy to hear you will support 180 markets at the end of the year, with acquisition of Comstock!

#29     May 19, 2003
  10. syd697

syd697

It seems that you cannot have the regional options feature along with delayed futures exchanges at this time. I like to check all the options exchanges for quotes, but was unable to watch the pit-traded futures on a delayed basis. At this point, you have to choose one or the other. I opted to keep the delayed futures exchanges.

#30     May 20, 2003