Comment on: Navy Seal Throws Himself on Grenade In Iraq: Posthumonously Awarded Medal

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Intelinvestor, Apr 3, 2008.

1. Yannis

Yannis

Lots of unsupported opinions in your message above, Intel.

I think we, Americans, always want to help others, all the time, everywhere, but you disagree.

I also think that many folks around the world are competing with us for wealth and power and disguise that as disapproving our actions abroad - it's their problem. I go to Europe every year and would not want to live in any of those countries.

Deeper down, there's an admiration and envy coming our way, which makes me feel good that I am an American. But, people say what they have to say sometimes, and the first chance they get they come to live here, the best country in the world :)

#11     Apr 3, 2008
  2. I don't know how many Muslims are killed by other Muslims. But I do know some Iraqi Muslims are working side by side with American soldiers. Those killings should be considered as caused by Americans.

Muslims killing other Muslims doesn't justify the genocide committed by U.S. soldiers.

#12     Apr 3, 2008
  3. Do you claim you are a Canadian when in Europe? I know a lot of Americans do. :D

#13     Apr 3, 2008
  4. Yannis

Yannis

Many see the conflict there as justified war against terrorists to keep Iraq free, led by the democratically elected Iraqi government, and the casualties as the price to pay for freedom, don't you?

#14     Apr 3, 2008
  5. Yannis

Yannis

I often hide the part that I am from New Jersey - prefer to say New York or Virginia. The Europeans love me :)

#15     Apr 3, 2008
  6. It is a pity that Bush didn't appoint you as the administrative spokesperson.

You've got same stand with Bush's propaganda.

#16     Apr 3, 2008
  7. Why hide that part?

You are afraid to be called "Gay American"?:p

#17     Apr 3, 2008
  8. Yannis

Yannis

So, where do you live, I? In this country of abroad? Down the street from me perhaps?

#18     Apr 3, 2008
  9. Probably not.

Far far away.:cool:

#19     Apr 3, 2008
  10. You don't want to know how many Muslims are killed by other Muslims. That's why you don't know.

You completely avoided my question. That's predictable, since there's no logic in your position. I won't bother asking it again.

You're like our old friend wael. When the difficult questions come up, you just pretend that you can't hear them.

Your comment about genocide is a slap in the face to Russians, Cambodians, Rwandans, Jews and other groups who have been the victims of ethnic cleansing. You should be ashamed of yourself. But you won't be. That's because you don't have what it takes.

#20     Apr 4, 2008