Command-and-control bot

Discussion in 'App Development' started by nooby_mcnoob, Jun 4, 2019.

1. What are you guys using for controlling your algorithms while you are AFK? I'm considering writing a Telegram bot but secret chats are not supported with the bot API.

I trust Durov's intentions, but he was forced to give up VK (or probably lose his life/freedom) and nothing says it won't happen again.

I suppose I could just make it a read-only bot.

2. Looks like the best chance is xmpp

3. Leaning towards ejabberd, used it a long time ago, looks like author is now making money from the product. Good for him.

4. IAS_LLC

IAS_LLC

Although I try not to let things run while AFK, I have my algos running on AWS behind an nginx server with a SIMPLE Angular2+ front end where I I can perform simple operations/monitoring from any internet connected device.

5. Makes sense. Personally, I fear having any ports open...

6. IAS_LLC

IAS_LLC

I hear ya, but....the risk of losing everything on a bad trade is orders of magnitude more than the risk of being hacked at a random ip address that is password protected

nooby_mcnoob likes this.
  7. guru

guru

I’d consider Firebase - a mini online json database often used for synching chat bots, game servers, etc.

nooby_mcnoob likes this.
  8. I do not use a bot. Instead, my programs read parameters from a .csv file (i.e. plain text file). This text file is in my Dropbox. I can access these Dropbox files from any location where I have internet access, and modify them if so required. I selected Dropbox because it supports both iOS (my iPad) and Ubuntu (my home computers). There are other online file servers, but not all of them support both these OSes.

nooby_mcnoob likes this.
  9. qlai

qlai

Sorry, what do you mean? You have algos running and you want to start/stop/modify them? You are using so much new (to me anyway) technology that my head is spinning :)

nooby_mcnoob likes this.
  10. IAS_LLC

IAS_LLC

AFK = away from keyboard. Could be taking a dump, for example. And need/want piece of mind to steer the ship whilst doing the not-trading thing. It's like monitoring your ring video doorbell when you're not home

#10     Jun 5, 2019
    nooby_mcnoob likes this.