Coming to terms with my feelings. Long, sorry.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tsing Tao, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

The givers are not rewarded in this society. Only the takers are. The deck is stacked against being responsible and giving. Thus, I would be stupid to continue doing it.

#11     Nov 8, 2012
  2. I find myself agreeing with CO again. Nothing wrong with being reasonable, you can still express your opinions, just keep in mind that is what they are, opinions. I've said before that I think you're smarter than many on ET, so use that intelligence for good, not to win petty fights.

#12     Nov 8, 2012
  3. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I want nothing from you, Ricter. In the past, I wanted you to re-engage because you offered some interesting points of view (occasionally). But your actions in removing me from ignore now, after it is most beneficial to you, clearly speak volumes about your intent. Besides, I no longer have it in me to compromise on anything, any longer. Not with you, not with anyone.

Now that you've finally taken me off ignore, I no longer want it. Bizarre, isn't it? So do whatever it is you want.

#13     Nov 8, 2012
  4. There are still a lot of good folks out there, you just don't find them in gov't much anymore. It seems to be attracting more sociopaths and habitual liars. US has changed, and not for the better.

#14     Nov 8, 2012
    smallfil likes this.
  5. I have to disagree on this point. I've done well in my life, and feel that doing well by doing good is still something to live by. My rewards for success are not just financial, but family and friends as well. If you have to say No to someone in need, because you lack either compassion or resources, it does neither any good.

#15     Nov 8, 2012
  6. But how can you cut off ties with your own mother?

#16     Nov 8, 2012
    Cuddles likes this.
  7. I think that the best thing to do is to just go underground and try not to care. Caring will hurt too much. If you are over 60 you can take solace in the fact that you won't have to live in the bad times too long and that you got to live a lot of time when America was "America".

#17     Nov 8, 2012
  8. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I (now) look at it this way - every dollar my taxes increase will be paid for by the elimination in charitable dollars given away. Additionally, the groups I have been giving money to are predominately and likely voters of the same policies I am advocating against.

It's stupid, and no different than the US giving financial aid to a country hell bent on the US's destruction.

#18     Nov 8, 2012
  9. Status post your epiphany about the consequences of the election.

Honestly concerning our little tift over the disposition of RCG awhile back who do you think was more accurate: you or myself?

btw: Congratulations in pop psychology it's called a "wake -up call "

#19     Nov 8, 2012
  10. Max E.

Max E.

I know alot of people who agree with you, talked to a trader i know who is worth about 10 mill, and he is simply going to renounce his citizenship, and then keep living in the states, part time, and pay no taxes, he doesnt have, or want kids, too many people are tired of this shit, we have hit critical mass.

On the bright side, the economy is going to burn to a crisp over the next 4 years, once Obama starts raising taxes, and his radical new regulations with the EPA get into place, on top of Obamacare, the economy has no chance, and thankfully as a trader i make much more in the high volatility in a down market.

In 2008 when i had my best year ever, I kept pretty quiet about it because everyone else was hurting so badly, this time, I am going to laugh at all the green haired nose ring wearing occuturds, as the government goes broke and traders make millions off of it, the whole way down.

#20     Nov 8, 2012