Comey goes in dry

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Cuddles, Dec 10, 2018.

1. Cuddles

Cuddles

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/09/politics/james-comey-donald-trump-2020/index.html

"All of us should use every breath we have to make sure the lies stop on January 20, 2021,"

"I understand the Democrats have important debates now over who their candidate should be," Comey told MSNBC's Nicolle Wallace, "but they have to win. They have to win."

"My reaction to it is actually disturbing to me, which is kind of, 'Eh, there he goes again.' I thought I was 'Lyin' James Comey' now I'm 'Leakin' James Comey'. But I kind of shrug and sometimes smile and laugh about it and then I have a secondary reaction, which is to be horrified at my own numb reaction," Comey said. "We have to remind ourselves the President of the United States of America is publicly announcing that people are committing crimes, that they should be in jail."

Asked if Trump's tweets could be viewed as witness tampering, Comey answered carefully -- insisting he had no insight into Mueller's thinking.
    "I'm not prepared to judge it," Comey said, "but again, if I were prosecuting a case in the Southern District of New York and a prominent person started attacking my witnesses, I'd want to know so what's going on there and does that cross the line from free speech, which we have to keep protected, into something else?"

Speaking about the period before the 2016 election, Comey was unsparing of Republican congressional leaders who he said opposed making public intelligence community concerns over Russian interference.
    "To their everlasting shame, the leaders -- (Senate Majority Leader Mitch) McConnell, (House Speaker Paul) Ryan -- refused," Comey said. "I think they're going to have a hard time explaining that to history."

2. traderob

traderob

Yep, no political bias from the FBI when leaky Comey was director.

3. He did every thing he could to make sure the dem nominee won last time too.

Poindexter, Tom B and gwb-trading like this.
  4. Poindexter

Poindexter

Comey belongs in prison. This is from the transcript of last week's testimony and just the tip of the iceberg:

clinton emails - Copy.png

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
    Arnie, gwb-trading and Tom B like this.
  5. Boggles the mind. Mueller would definitely found that whole scenario to be a "target rich" environment for anyone whose last name is not Clinton. He even prosecuted Flynn after his own investigators concluded that he had not lied, just because he needed to squeeze him.

Belongs in prison.

Quite so.

6. Why doesn't Trump appoint a new special prosecutor? Seems pretty straight forward. Normally, you have a special counsel because the DOJ is viewed as biased in favor of their own administration. In this case, it is the opposite. The DOJ/FBI/US Attorney etc are all biased against the President they serve and they cannot be trusted to make unbiased decisions.

traderob and Tom B like this.
  7. Yes, indeed.

Ideally Trump would not have to do it- but that the AG would do it- thus avoiding all the political and legal fallout from it, but you would have to get rid of Sessions first and put an AG in there who has already expressed disgust with the way the clinton cases have been handled. Could happen. :cool:

Same with the fbi misconduct. And a special counsel is even more important since the congressional committee will not only be discontinuing further work there, but actively working to undermine anyone else from doing it.

The one who is going to be sweating bullets if Barr is confirmed is Rosenstein because Rosenstein has been the acting AG, Rosenstein made sure that a special counsel was appointed who reported only to him, and Rosenstein drafted the scope of the agreement to assure that it was witch-hunt in scope, and Rosenstein has made sure that every possible request for documents has been resisted tooth and nail, and Rosenstein has also been a bad actor in all the recent FBI misdeeds, Uranium included. But this is not Barr's first time at the AG rodeo and he would not be recused from the overseeing Mueller as needed along with Rosenstein. The dems will try to get him to swear in blood that he will stay out and he will lay low with a generic answer AND/BUT if congress/the senate gets too demanding in extracting commitments from him, he may just deal with it by handing more things over to independent prosecutors.....not sure that will work out as well as they want.

It is also getting to the point where Mueller has pretty much done his thing and we are just waiting to see how he is going to package it or last attempts at prosecutions based on evidence he already has. Not sure the new AG is required to be bound forever from doing his full job by the fact that Mueller is out there running around just because Jeff Sessions was there once. I also think that once the "Mueller report" is submitted that there is no reason why the new AG cannot get rid of Rosenstein. How can that be considered to be interference at that point. Again, I dont think Sessions and Rosenstein get lifetime appointments out of all of this. Not looking good for Session's lifetime appointment.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
    traderob and Tom B like this.
  8. cause special counsel or prosecutor are not used to for presidents hurt feelings and ego. all those entities you mentioned are biased against the president cause he is a criminal and a con man, DOJ serves the American people and not the president's personal attorneys.

Tony Stark likes this.
  9. Cuddles

Cuddles

#10     Dec 17, 2018