coments on david landry trading style

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by optijose, May 1, 2003.

1. Yes, I don't get very fancy though. I take a lot of notes in a notebook. I record the trade, my thinking at the time, the market action/sector action....occasionally some personal things like any distractions that may be going on in my life.

Although I haven't used it very much, TCNet has a "notes" feature and will also keep whatever drawing you do on the charts.

I often notice when flipping through charts older analysis that I was doing.

I probably should use this feature more.

Dave

#61     Aug 20, 2003
  2. Hey thanks for the reply Dave.

I have another question for you. Since you are a swing trader who looks for a strong trend first. Do you have a way to filter out stocks that are just too extended? Or do you like them to be extended? I like to trade stocks with strong trends but are close to their 13 or 20 ema by measuring the % difference from the high to the ema and the low to the ema. If these two numbers added together are more than a certain % then I pass on the trade because of it being too far away. (I trade pullbacks just like you)

Thanks
    Eric

#62     Aug 29, 2003
  3. Hello Eric,

I do trade stocks that are beginning to stretch away. I like the acceleration in momentum. In fact, I have a strategy that essentially looks for a longer-term more gradual uptrend THEN an acceleration of that uptrend. You then look to enter on the first pullback/TKO. Shoot me an email at dave@davelandry.com and I'll give you some slides/report on the strategy. You DO have to make sure you use proper money management (like any other pattern) just in case you are buying into a market in which the move has exhausted itself.

Dave

#63     Sep 4, 2003