coments on david landry trading style

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by optijose, May 1, 2003.

1. Daal

Daal

HOW did you got hired to work with TM?????

#31     Jul 23, 2003
  2. Dave,

An important question here to establish your "street cred"--how much can you bench?

Also, is it true that TM is negotiating to add MrMarket as a columnist? He had 25 consecutive winners then disappeared, possibly the result of a tragic accident in the weight room.

#32     Jul 23, 2003
  3. LOL !!

#33     Jul 23, 2003
  4. Yes, let's do. Some questions:

1. C'mon dude, dig deeper. Phoenix is on to something here.

2. Is your style an amalgamation of Cooper / Connors / Raschke?

3. Are you the only guy with the nuts to put a picture of himself on a TA book?

4. Is it insanely weird to name a Web site after yourself?

Wait, I'm in error here. George Soros posed for the cover of his book Alchemy of Finance. Is there an implicit net worth requirement here before one attains the privilege of flashing a shit-eating grin on a book cover?

#34     Jul 23, 2003
  5. I'm pretty much a whimp. I could never bench much more than my weight. I'm 230 now and know I couldn't do that in my present state of physical shape. I have a gym in the back of my office that collects dust. Thanks for the reminder. I guess I better get in shape if I am to hang with you guys.

Never heard of Mr.Market.

Dave

#35     Jul 24, 2003
  6. I'm a content provider, not an employee.

#36     Jul 24, 2003
  7. 2. I definitely was influenced by all the people you mentioned.
    I have a straightforward approach. Essentially, I look for trend and a place to enter it. That's it. Except for a few market timing systems, I essentially don't play reversals. There are transitional patterns that I follow but these can be characterized more as "first pullback" type setups.

3. I have a few books over here the the "mugs" of people on them. So I wasn't the first. BTW, what does this have to do with trading?

4. Again, what does this have to do with trading?

Dave

#37     Jul 24, 2003
  8. Dave,

I know nothing about your entries, but your exits make a lot of sense ot me.

Regards,

Thunderdog

#38     Jul 24, 2003
  9. gaj

gaj

dave - do you have a preference for trading stocks which comprise parts of the indices (whether DIA/NDX/SPX, or part of the RUT) or ones not in there? it seems that often your articles on TM have stocks which have a good volume, but aren't the 'everyone knows them' stocks.

though i'm not a trend following moron (my preferred method works much shorter term, and in a small niche area), it seems that individuals would have much better returns by competing in a pond that doesn't have the top institutional traders and top scalpers all playing around at once.

#39     Jul 24, 2003
  10. I'll trade any stock where I like the setup pattern, but yes, less "thick" stocks cna offer more opportunity. I usually like to look at stocks with average volume around 500k. Less than that and it can get a little dicey.

I tend to agree with you. "Thicker" stocks are more efficient and tougher to trade....

Dave

#40     Jul 24, 2003