come on

Discussion in 'Trading' started by weld1, Nov 4, 2009.

1. I find myself putting no faith in TA these days. This isn't a normal market. It's an irrational, ridiculous Fed induced risk orgy. Therefore there's only one direction - buy dips, take profit. Repeat.

I mean, miserable unemployment numbers and upwards price action? LOL!

#31     Nov 6, 2009
  2. Yep. But that wouldn't have worked well last week. They have to let the market consolidate at some point.

#32     Nov 6, 2009
  3. It would have worked just fine if i held until today.

#33     Nov 6, 2009
  4. If... the day/week is not over, a rejection of that infamous TL is still possible. That would actually give a good r:r entry for a swing short, imo. Otherwise we may go back to 1100. Roll the dices, I'm ready for both. :)

Good trading.

#34     Nov 6, 2009
  5. Making live calls is an excellent skill developer, a pity you wouldn't know anything about that.
    We don't need to know the details about your girlfriend, or how she brings home the money (you obviously don't).

I nailed that trade better than any of your calls, period.

Thanks for pointing it out. :D

And oh, yeah, I stated during the trade that was an emergency stop (which was never challenged, unlike you are, mentally) ... oh right, you have reading comprehension problems.
    Successful trading with a negavtive R:R is easily achieved with with a high probability setup.

The relationship of the two is fluid. (sorry for talking over your head there).

Nah, it's much more embarrasing when you pretend to actually know how to trade. :eek: :) :p

#35     Nov 6, 2009
  6. As evidenced by the relative flatness, markets have already discounted double digit unemployement...everyone knew it was coming, so why should it have an effect on the markets?

#36     Nov 6, 2009
  7. I've made no threats to anyone unless you consider posting the intent to follow through with posting the proof you yourself have demanded of me.

So in that regard, I am calling you out to accept "The Index Piker Challenge" found in the journal section .

Let’s see if your returns justify your condescension and insults?

Good day to you, sir

#37     Nov 7, 2009
  8. I wanted to end the discussion in my last post with you Mandelbrotset but you keep lying and I think it is fair that I show in this post, with no insult and no trash, but with facts (that anyone can double check) that Mandie is a liar and a trading loser who ironically keeps giving everyone trading advice and flames other traders constantly.

You are a liar Mandie because you know I have been posting for months in the ES Journal. I started posted live trades in February 2009 and ended in July when I joined a private trading chat room of traders created with individuals from the ES Journal mostly(it has been - and still is a great experience)
    In the ES Journal, there are probably more than a hundred real time documented trades from me with entries, stop loss and exits. Your lack of honesty just shows the kind of person you are. A liar.

Talking more trash is not serving your case. You are not fooling anyone with these trash talking posts. We all know this is just smoke and mirrors to distort the real truth that hurts you (your trading skills and your lies).

Some facts please to support that? that's what I thought... From the dozens of trades I posted in the ES Journal, many of them ended with a much higher dollar win. I’ll take just one of them.

Entry at NQ 1400 on 05/28/2009 at 1pm with a posted risk(stoploss) of 2 points. I Sold half the position at 1410.5, 1/4 at 1418.25 and the last 1/4 at 1466.50. The initial risk was 2 points per contract and the trade resulted in a profit of 26.43 pts/contract or $524.75 per contract after commissions.
    The profit is approx. 13 times bigger than the initial risk. I didn't want to brag here but since you brought up that point, well, I didn't see any of your posted trades that show that kind of risk/reward ratio or net profit per contract. Proof for anyone who wants to verify that point in my follow up post.
    What reading comprehension problems? Let’s stay focus on the subject, kid, which is the negative expectancy of your trading.
    So tell me, was your stop loss at 53.75, ie were you initially risking 4 when you entered the trade or not? The answer is yes. Don’t try to pretend that you close your losing trades before the Stop loss gets hit - as you’re trying to pretend by saying it wasn’t challenged. Because the facts, again, show that you lie:

I did a quick research on your posted live trades for the period of July and August 2009 (the trade list and overall results - a net loss - are posted in a follow up post).

Basically, you had 16 losers during that period. 15 of them, 94%, were stopped out losers. So don’t pretend they are “emergency’ stops with a slight chance of being hit. My point was valid and I go further below to demonstrate my initial claim that you have a negative expectancy.

Correct, but it is not the case for you. As we all know, Expectancy is the result of both $ average and % win&loss which is my initial point that you missed (or more certainly tried to avoid). Re-read my post. I said your hit rate is not good enough with the average wins and losses you have...

Facts: during the months of Jul & Aug,
    average win $112.5
    average loss $187.5
    %win 0.6
    %loss 0.4

Expectancy=0,6x112.5-0.4x187.5
    Expectancy= -7.5$

You have a negative expectancy and that is the reason you are losing money. Maybe you should actually listen to the advice I –and others before - have given you regarding letting your winners run instead of chickening out when your open profit is half the initial risk amount.

No need to sound pompous mandie. And definitely no need to sound condescending either. It is so ironic after I expose the truth about your losing trading with simple facts. :)

Over this two months period, given the calls you posted, you have lost $296.5 trading ES. It's not that bad considering how difficult trading is.

But in the future, you should stop flaming other posters, pretend you're a good trader and give trading lessons to everyone as you do every day on this site.

Peace.

#38     Nov 7, 2009
  9. This is the realtime ES Journal trade list of Mandelbrotset for the period of July & August 2009. The numbers speak for themselves.

[​IMG]

#39     Nov 7, 2009
  10. You folks see all of that work I made lurefo do? :D Too bad his math, like his trading ... is wrong. :D :D

ROTFLMAO!!!

Note: lurefo never refers to his own trading performance ... because he doesn't have one! :p

And I saw your PM and subsequent "journal" (lowercase j) Index piker ... I gotta say, you are even more stupid than lurefo (he thinks market sell-offs are due to "fat fingers" ... I mean how much more stupid can you be?).

That's not a "trading challenge" ... and you are just too dumb to realize why. :eek:

P.S. And try to get a life lurefo, even though I know it's hard for a loser like you. :(

#40     Nov 7, 2009