Comcast . . .

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Landis82, Nov 23, 2008.

1. Bob111

Bob111

Landis..i told you about year ago,when you so exited by comcast blast or whatever the name is..look man..it's shared connection..fios-you have dedicated line. that's mean(and i'm sure you know it even better than i'm) 20mbps-is 20 ALL TIME. and comcast's 17 can be 15,can be 1..depends on how many users are online at that time and what they do. plus-in first post of this thread you said-lots of drops..i would prefer stability over anything else.
    tell you what-i was one of the very first fios subscribers in my area. primarily because comcast suck big time.
    i'm having fios for more than 3 years downloading shit load of data..ticks for every stock...not to mention data on multiple computers during the day..and only once i had a little problem,which they fix in same day.beat it.
    now those comcast f*ks talking about cap for 250gb per months..even in third world you can buy unlimited usage..

you arguing about 5 bucks..man..it's a joke...if you are making decent money-you will pay whatever,just because you can't make a dime without it. if tomorrow fios will cost $200-i would pick fios anyway, rather than shitty comcast..you have my word on it.

#11     Dec 14, 2008
  2. Let me know when Fios is located in one of the highest tech metropolitan regions in all of the United States. I'd love to have the 100% fiber to home connection. However, at this time, FiOS is not available in one of the most affluent regions of the U.S. - - - a region in which contains 3 of of the most affluent towns in the recent Forbes "Top 20 Most Affluent Towns"

http://www.forbes.com/realestate/20...borhoods-forbeslife-cx_ls_1209realestate.html

Go figure.

It doesn't do anyone any good if it isn't available.

#12     Dec 14, 2008
  3. Comcast used to be great in Denver Metro, used to. Now even on off time I am getting 2 meg down and 1 meg up. Enough to get the job done, but coming from 5 down 1 up a year ago, a big disappointment. I have tried a number of things and have concluded they are just oversubscribing.

#13     Dec 14, 2008
  4. Same here :mad:

Fuck you Comcast.

#14     Dec 14, 2008
  5. Are you using a Router?

If so, you might want to throw it away and purchase a new one. Same can be said of the cable modem. - - - These hardware items have become "throw-aways" after a year or two and some of these routers can be "capped" and not able to utilize today's faster speeds.

I have personally experienced a big change in moving away from an older router, to a new one.

#15     Dec 14, 2008
  6. Bob111

Bob111

well..we can argue about cap/usage terms or whatever..but as been pointed by many posters here,and on other websites fios is WAY better than any comcast service. seems to me -you having hard time to accept that. try it, instead of arguing about 5 dollars.

#16     Dec 14, 2008
  7. Landis, I took the router out, direct connect same speed so router not a problem. I will try the modem, but I don't think that is it. We just have new growth in the area, more ppl on same pipe.

#17     Dec 14, 2008
  8. I can't get FIOS, qwest only here. And their equiv. of FIOS is sad.

#18     Dec 14, 2008
  9. Post Edit: It's still plenty fast enough to trade, but it's to the point where I have to tell my wife she can't talk on Skype video to her folks during the trading sometimes. With nothing running other than DSL reports speed test I have received as low as 900k down and 356 up during trading hours, luckily my ping times are under 60 mil so that's alteast good.

#19     Dec 14, 2008
  10. Seems to me, you have terribly poor reading comprehension . . . What is it about FiOS not being available in one of the most affluent regions of the United States that you don't understand???

#20     Dec 14, 2008