Comcast ,,|,,(-_-),,|,,

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Nikolov09, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Trust me, it's because the DOCSIS 2.0 equipment is not able to get in "synch" with the DOCSIS 3.0 stuff that runs the VoIP feature for phone service.

Some of the techs don't even know about the issue.

#21     Jan 12, 2009
  2. i had comcast ...... i had lots of problems..... i lost money because of them... i decided to no longer have them... i got verizon FIOS

#22     Jan 18, 2009
  3. They are using Comcast Digital voice service in their call center, of course! LOL!

One time a Comcast sales rep called me to promote their Digital voice service. I told him flat out: No way in hell! When your cable service is out, not only would it take out my Internet connection, it now would take out my phone line as well???

I live in Sacramento, CA. I suffer from the Comcast crap just the same. Their cable service is cut about 3 to 4 times a year. And I did experience those predictable mid-night Internet connection outages for a while (but not recently).

It's nice to hear that I am not suffering alone. LOL. :p :p :p

#23     Jan 31, 2009
  4. I'm also on the West Coast and just today had a Comcast tech come over and install the VoIP phone service, so I'll let you know how it goes.

By the way, they installed a brand new Arris TM502G modem that comes with a battery-pack as a back-up for the modem power which is pretty cool.

I'm also told that the Arris modem is able to support faster broadband Internet speeds given that VoIP requires more bandwidth.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
    :)

#24     Jan 31, 2009
  5. Comcast is currently the worst company I am forced to deal with on a monthly basis, out of necessity.

They keep paying off my local officials and keep landing monopoly rights to provide hard line broadband services to the homes in my city, and it's absolutely sickening.

I long for the day when true competition forces Comcast into bankruptcy, because that's the fate this arrogant corporation truly deserves.

#25     Jan 31, 2009