Columbus 5 Day ES Intraday Trading Exploration

Discussion in 'Journals' started by martys, Oct 10, 2005.

1. Oops, I might have missed a short.

#31     Oct 10, 2005
  2. I don't think I am going to take any more trade today. I don't trade after 3:30 pm. It is bascially a scratch day for me -.25 pt.

#32     Oct 10, 2005
  3. fader

fader

sounds good martys - nice work - good luck with the journal.

#33     Oct 10, 2005
  4. Don't bother to backward engineer this stuff because there is a bit of discretion involved. I will say the general concepts of Elliott waves help sometimes but I never count waves or using Fib. As you can see I am really a lousy trader but if you notice, my entry is pretty good which allow me to have a tight stop. The only way to have a good entry is to open to the idea that "there is an order to market." Other people might steer you in other way with good intention. Keep doing research. The only problem is that a lot of snake oil vendors also want you to believe that... I am beginning to sound like them. :(

#34     Oct 10, 2005
  5. Just an observation from someone who does not know you or see your monitoring setup or how you go about things:

Where you are currently, there seems to be no detectable ability to perform at a minimally acceptable level. This is not to say you will forever stay where you are. But continuing what you are doing looks to me to be an exercise in losing money quickly and unexpectedly.

#35     Oct 10, 2005
  6. interesting way you trade since I traded NQ for 3 months,

Don't think the strategy is sound, but its always good to test strategies out to know :)

#36     Oct 10, 2005
  7. It is not a mechanical setup - can't backtest any component of it but watch different parts of it for over a year. I wish I can backtest it. I would not recommend anyone else trading this.

#37     Oct 10, 2005
  8. Never said I am good but this methodology has been very good for me. Fading trend is dangerous when done blindly but I don't always fade it only 80% of the time. In fact I try to get into the pullback a couple of times today but nothing great shows up.

#38     Oct 10, 2005
  9. As I stated, I don't know your situation. I just went by your posts in this thread. Usually when a person enters on the wrong side of a fast pace trend, that's an indication of an absence of a basic money-making skill. Or it could be you just were not sharp personally at that time. I know it can happen to anyone.

In any case, if you are supporting yourself through trading, then disregard what I wrote. All the best.

#39     Oct 10, 2005
  10. But have you noticed most of my entries are within one tick to the relative low and high. There is usually at least a pause even the trades that did not work out.

#40     Oct 10, 2005