Colorado - the good, the bad and the ugly

Discussion in 'Economics' started by saxon22, Sep 5, 2008.

1. auspiv

auspiv

i live in steamboat and there is no better place around.

#11     Sep 5, 2008
  2. Denver metro is actually a nice town and very livable. Easy to get around with a free trolley that runs through town and one of the maid drags (actually where the trolley runs) is a pedestrian mall. If you like sports, its hard to beat watching a Rockies game at dusk and looking out to the Rocky Mountains. You're not far from Vail and not far from Boulder. that said, i'd probably live in the foothills just west of Denver. there are some very nice towns you'll pass on i70 driving up to vail.

one thing to remember. colorado has next to no water. the whole state may burn up one of these summers.

#12     Sep 5, 2008
  3. Very nice. I went there last summer, before moving on to Estes Park and beyond for some flyfishing. I could definitly be happy there.

#13     Sep 5, 2008
  4. Ft. C is very nice, mellow laid back place. Kind of spendy but not outrageous. Friendly people definitely. Check it out next time you are there Steve

#14     Sep 5, 2008
  5. clacy

clacy

My guess is that he's joking. Coloradans don't necessarily want everyone finding out about it and moving there in droves (thereby changing it) :)

#15     Sep 5, 2008
  6. Colorado has flat rate state income tax of 4.63%. Wyoming has no state income tax. Live in Cheyenne Wyoming and visit Colorado anytime you want to.

#16     Sep 5, 2008
  7. I love Steamboat. A couple years ago I was there in July and remember thinking, where the hell is everybody. The crowd was very sparse, just the way I like it. The Real Estate is high, high, high. Though, not as high as Aspen or Jackson Hole.

#17     Sep 5, 2008
  8. <i>"Ft. C is very nice, mellow laid back place. Kind of spendy but not outrageous. Friendly people definitely. Check it out next time you are there Steve"</i>

I lived in Parker for two years, spent a lot of time all over the state. Ft C is a great small city, hop-skip from Laramie in WY, the Platte river for outdoor sports and eastern slope of Rockies i.e. Winter Park. Fishermen will find it real hard to retrieve a spinner thru any of those mountain streams without having several hits or a hookup.

CO is a great state. I'd prefer MT or WY slightly, due to hunting & fishing quality along with fewer people. Any of those states are great.

#18     Sep 5, 2008
  9. If you're relatively young and not quite prone to cookie-cutter suburbia, There's a ton of interesting development in the LoDo area that I'd look into. Most likely pricier than say, Parker, but a better feel in my opinion.

#19     Sep 5, 2008
  10. #20     Sep 5, 2008