colorado shooter described as "normal christian boy"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Jul 23, 2012.

1. i wonder?

James Eagan Holmes has been described as a shy and well-mannered young man by a neighbor, who claims the Colorado shooting suspect was heavily involved in his local Presbyterian church.

Read more at http://global.christianpost.com/new...nvestigation-photo-78623/#WbeYyGgwvwuVUSka.99

http://debunkingchristianity.blogspot.com/2012/07/why-james-holmes-rampage-is-result-of.html
    Why James Holmes’ Rampage is the Result of the Teachings of Christianity.

In times like this, when something horrendous happens, people tend to hypothesize as to the reasons why. As most everyone knows by now, the "nice Christian boy," James Holmes massacred 12 innocent people and wounded many more in his rampage in a Colorado movie theatre. One hypothesis was put forth by the Christian apologist, Rick Warren, in one of his latest tweets, when he said, "When students are taught they are no different from animals, they act like it." The implied hypothesis being, that it's the result of teaching science, and in particular, Darwinianism and materialism. I propose that there is a better explanation. My hypothesis, which is not new by the way, as I have pointed out numerous times, the great Christian philosopher Pelagius pointed out long ago, that if you promulgate the notion that people are born bad, and cannot help but to sin, but will still gain entrance into paradise as long as they "repent"-- they are more likely to sin, repent, sin, repent--and repeat when necessary. Pelagius was wise, and realized that this belief would lead to "moral laxity"--which is quite evident in our predominantly Christian society, and amongst Christians in particular. My hypothesis is that when Christians are taught they are "born sinners" and cannot help but to sin, as they are taught it is not possible for them to be perfect, and that they are nevertheless given the "free gift" of salvation, they will have more of a tendency to act immorally, or, when Christians are taught they live in a world that is dominated by Satan, that it leads to immorality. Either way, it leads to immorality and chaos, and Christianity provides believers with a basis for the belief that they are absolved from taking responsibility for their own bad behavior. Jesus does that for them.

As Benge Nsenduluka pointed out in the article he wrote for the Christian Post, James Holmes was a "normal Christian boy" heavily involved in his local Presbyterian church. As Rev. G. Aiken Taylor pointed out in his article, What Presbyterians Believe:

Everything is Determined by God
    Presbyterians believe that everything which happens takes place according to the will of God and can be fully understood only in the will of God. Nothing can come to any man that He does not allow for his own purposes and glory. He overrules the actions of evil men and brings their evil to naught. He works all things after the counsel of His own will and turns all things--even apparent evil--to ultimate good in the lives of those who love Him, who are called according to His purpose.

2. bpcnabe

bpcnabe

Same number of kills of that good 'ole Muslim boy in Texas.

Never saw a peep from you about that.

3. Yannis

Yannis

The depth of your self imposed ignorance and misunderstanding of what things mean is astounding...

4. did god plan in advance what the shooter would do?

"God...planned the days of your life in advance.... Rick Warren's The Purpose-Driven Life

Psalm 139:16
    New International Version (NIV)

16 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
    all the days ordained for me were written in your book
    before one of them came to be.

5. Yannis

Yannis

Matthew 5:43-48 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. ...

6. Ricter

Ricter

Words to live by, Yannis. When do you start? ; )

7. Luke 14:25-26
    25 Large crowds were traveling with Jesus, and turning to them he said: 26 “If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters—yes, even his own life—he cannot be my disciple.

8. Yannis

Yannis

Absolutely true. Try to understand what he meant.

9. ===========
    Good points, Yannis .
    I actually did pray for God to save Osama Bin Laden, once...

But it seems more logical to pray mostly in line with Ezekiel 38 & 39.God warns he reigns & rains hailstones /flooding/fire & brimstone on the enemies of God's people.....................................................

I guess that makes God a mean sprited hater, according to some, since he actually warned all the Russians & Arabs[Egyptians, Ethopians, Syrians, Lybians.... ]of thier supernatural judgenent, on thier Holy land invasion..

So no on blaming /confusing Gods for knowledge ;
    on mans stupidity.

Its quite a fire & brimstone future judgement, buzzards[feathered fowl ]have feast, Ezekiel notes. Many Nations & Israel come to Christ as a result.Cool:cool:

10. Yannis

Yannis

What's noteworthy is that the same people who wouldn't ever claim they understand a physics paper on the Unified Field Theory or a discussion on Fermat's last theorem, who would always run for help about any medical or legal document of some importance to them, think they can open the Bible and pontificate from there, proclaiming that they understand the passage's history, context, intent, words, hidden meaning, etc etc.

#10     Jul 23, 2012