Color coding for MA with OEC

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by veggen, Oct 5, 2008.

1. nkhoi

nkhoi

Ecry sucks at charting that is why I use sierrachart instead, btw, I just turn on Ecry and they upgrade my software, now the option to customize my own indicator is gone (not that it worked before).
    So don't hold your breath, I won't.

#11     Oct 5, 2008
  2. rickf

rickf

For the most part OEC's charting suits my needs quite well. I do find the customization stuff to be a bit quirky [1] and less-than-intuitive, and gave up trying to develop my own indicators or custom charts there as a result. But otherwise I find their platform and data quite reliable and I'm happy with them as my primary futures broker.

[1] Example: I've found it impossible to color-code OHLC bars on a barchart (ie, red/green as opposed to all one color) unless you develop a custom indicator, which I find less than simple to do. :(

#12     Oct 5, 2008
  3. veggen

veggen

I am very happy with OEC! It is perfect for my needs.

But than again, I am not into writing my own indicators or automated trading. In fact trying to make this MA is my first experience with custom indicators.

#13     Oct 5, 2008
  4. nkhoi

nkhoi

here is where you go to make a customized indicator, didn't work so it is gone in the new version
    [​IMG]

#14     Oct 6, 2008
  5. veggen

veggen

#15     Oct 6, 2008
  6. bbqbbq

bbqbbq

yeah i like the cleanness of the program too, and how it almost never lags. too bad long term indicators gets messed up since your not looking at a continuous contract, and i wish they would add a vertical scroller. in markets like today with 100 point es move the chart gets like compressed so close that you cant really distuingish your entry and exit., unless you zoom in very much, but then your bars gets wide and you lose horizontal visibility to increase vertical visibility.

#16     Oct 6, 2008
  7. veggen

veggen

I agree with you there, but with my style of trading I mostly look at very short term periods. I am also using MetaStock, mostly as a visual aid for longer time periods.

#17     Oct 6, 2008
  8. Hold down shift over the right price axis. Use the scroll wheel on the mouse to increase height. Use over the time axis to increase/decrease width.

#18     Oct 6, 2008
  9. That's just completely wrong. I'm using 3.2.0.4 and all the functions and some new features are there. Please get it right before you post your "information"

#19     Oct 6, 2008
  10. bbqbbq

bbqbbq

omg... it actually works!! :D.. if only i knew this before i wouldt have lost 1 tick today instead of getting out b-e + 1 tick

thanks! 2 months of trading and i didnt know this :mad:

#20     Oct 6, 2008