College

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bronks, Feb 11, 2006.

1. bronks

bronks

I had my daughter read your responses so she is now in the process of DD on the colleges mentioned. Thanks all.

#11     Feb 13, 2006
  2. Northwestern.

Didn't our own esteemed "Error404" (and whatever he used to call himself before that) attend that program? Or maybe it was his son.

Then again, look how he turned out. :)

Others:

Columbia
    Penn State
    Cal-Berkeley

#12     Feb 13, 2006
  3. Amherst College.

Quote from bronks:My daughter is quickly approaching that age. She carries a 3.5 GPA and is interested in broadcast journalism as a career. Since she will be the first in the family ever to attend college, I need some help in finding the best school for her. As I here it some are known for medicine, business, law, etc., so I figured there's gotta be one that's known for journalism. Maybe.

Thanks.

#13     Feb 13, 2006
  4. Amherst would be a craps shot with a 3.5, high SAT's, toughest course load, meaty extracurriculars, and being the first in her family to go to college. If she is a recruited minority with a 1200 SAT, she is as good as in. Columbia and Northwestern have respected journalism programs, but they are as hard as Amherst to get in. Sad but true: 1400 SAT and 3.5 gpa does not go far nowadays. Bard College is close to a lock. I guess ETS added a new writing section so the top score now is 2400 or something.

#14     Feb 13, 2006
  5. University of Missouri - Columbia is well known for their journalism school.

#15     Feb 13, 2006