College trys again

Discussion in 'Forex' started by college ruled, Oct 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finally you are beginning to show some sense. Not because you took my advice, but that you moved to sim to learn about risk mgmt before wasting your capital

If NoDoji offered to Mentor you I have only one word of advice.

Don't blow this opportunity, be humble, HONEST and appreciative. Secondly, Follow her advice 100%, don't believe you can improve on her methods and don't dilute or mix strategies with others. You follow her 100%. You have plenty of time in the years ahead to adjust to your personal style.

This isn't to say ignore others like ammo for instance, he has earned respect and carved out a niche for himself, just be sure to run everything by NoDoji before you change things.

Will be interesting to see if you can stick to it, if so wish you success. If not, well don't quit your day job.

#291     Oct 13, 2012
  2. NoDoji

NoDoji

I have CR on Ignore and only saw his post because you quoted it. I won't go into details about the PMs leading to Ignore, but suffice it to say that anyone with a big ego is not ready to begin to learn to trade. We would be wasting each other's time.

My mentoring involves first ensuring the trader has complete mastery of the concepts found in these two courses I've posted many times on ET:

http://www.daytradingcoach.com/daytrading-candlestick-course.htm

http://www.daytradingcoach.com/daytrading-technicalanalysis-course.htm

Once that's in place, I let the trader decide time frame and setups and only guide them to developing their own trading plan.

In the past I tried teaching my exact trading method to others and it doesn't work. I found that some people don't really understand many facets of it (they haven't mastered the concepts in those links above) and those who totally understand it can't bring themselves to trade it. High probability trade setups are hard to trade. They feel wrong. I watched a guy trade live, all calls in advance, for months and months and despite seeing before my very eyes how well his methods worked, I continued to do things my way and lose money.

I now trade very much like he did, but I had to make it my own.

Ammo teaches us the importance of humility and what a consistently profitable trader's mindset looks like. These are absolute necessities for profitability over the long haul. He gladly shares lessons in Market Profile, gives a good start to those interested in this method.

As for trading like Ammo does: He is an experienced professional; do not try this at home :p :p :p

#292     Oct 13, 2012
  3. Completely understood, agree on all counts.

No need to expand on the reason's for ignore, OP's attitude and behavior speaks for itself.

My comment in suggesting that he follow you 100% was primarily the fact that successful strategies are not accumulative. Combining two winning strategies does not create a better one, in fact it most likely will produce a losing one.

If he actually were to be mentored, "which I don't believe he deserves", then at the minimum focus only on the mentors methods, and not waste the individuals time. Which undoubtedly would have been the case.

Ammo is an experienced professional and very transparent at that. No hidden agenda, no BS. But definitely agree, not to be attempted by the faint of heart or inexperienced. lol

#293     Oct 13, 2012
  4. NoDoji, I don't really have a big ego. I was just playing into all the hecklers, trying to keep them off balance a bit. :p At first i couldn't tell the players with their real offer of help from the trolls. Believe me when I say I am a humble newb here.

Thanks for those links. I will study them.

#294     Oct 13, 2012
  5. Not for nothing, but even if you are now a 'humble newb', it's only after the market kicked you around in front of everyone.

NoDoji also references the PM's that lead up to you being put on ignore. It wasn't your act in this thread but direct communication with her that got you cut off.

You really need to learn how to be 'wrong', instead of just justifying or glossing over your mistakes. It's a key part in becoming a better trader, and it's a good life skill in general. Plus, it's a hell of a lot more respectable than the shit in this thread.

#295     Oct 13, 2012
  6. feng456

feng456

college how old are you?

#296     Oct 13, 2012
  7. Posted at 3:36 est

Posted at 4:07

WEEKEND

Posted at 7:44 est on a FRIDAY

I am curious as to which broker you are using that allows you to EXECUTE trades at this time.

ASIDE from all of that.

I am SHOCKED that people are still entertaining this at all.

SHOCKED i said.

2nd ASIDE

We now have OT giving out trading advice.

SHOCKED again.

AGAIN i said.

I would like to end this MASTERFUL post by( in advance) accepting the numerous warm welcome backs to ET, no need to post and say that you missed me, I already know.

Thanks for your time.

™

[​IMG]

#297     Oct 13, 2012
  8. When you think you're a superstar, the market pays you with reality checks.

#298     Oct 14, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.