College Students in Favor of Wealth Distribution...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bugscoe, Aug 21, 2011.

1. That's a myopic view. "Works" at what future cost might I ask? It's not unlike the Federal Reserve dropping rates to record lows in the post tech bubble/bust to accelerate demand at a great future cost.

All any sort of artificial stimulus, either by way of massive government spending OR artificially repressed interest rates, is create a massive short term bubble of borrow and spend. Then the hangover hits and the only prescription central banks and/or governments know, is to repeat the cycle until the system goes tilt.

#61     Aug 23, 2011
  2. I can't comment on China's stimulus plan or its effects.

I can say they do not have the government debt problem we face. In short, they could afford it and we can't. There is a world of difference in running a temporary fiscal deficit to deal with a cyclical slowdown and running a permanent, unsustainable deficit in a transparent attempt to buy votes and push off the day of reckoning until past the next election.

#62     Aug 23, 2011
  3. Ricter

Ricter

A fair point.

#63     Aug 23, 2011
  4. Why do you even bother responding to him?

He's either stupid as a box of rocks, or intentionally trying to yank people's chains. (I think it's the former... you need to be clever to figure out how to keep pushing people's buttons.... and I doubt he is clever, at all!)

#64     Aug 23, 2011
  5. The days of US World Supremacy are ending.

#65     Aug 23, 2011
  6. Ricter

Ricter

He's twice the man you are.

#66     Aug 23, 2011
  7. I disagree on your assessment of the motives for the president wanting more stimulus. I think he believes that is the right thing to do.

#67     Aug 24, 2011
  8. bone

bone

Is it true that some college students apply for food stamps and get them ?

#68     Aug 24, 2011