College Students and Other Future Traders

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Error 404, Jun 3, 2003.

1. In times when the objective is to let winners ride it may be advantages to hedge winning position even when the sequence show a Flaw. Then offset the hedge when the sequence and/or market continues in original direction.

#41     Jun 5, 2003
  2. jorgemb

jorgemb

Quote from bladerunner:

don't be a trader
    be productive with your life
    be a nurse
    make a difference
    have a legacy on your gravestone

I have been a social worker for 20 years and I love my profession. However, the restrictions are stiffling. One of my goals is to be able to earn sufficient income through trading to be able to practice as I choose without all the political garbage associated with the service professions.

Jorge

#42     Jun 5, 2003
  3. malcom x

malcom x

I have traded for fifteen years. Often wonder if I would have been better off not going to college and starting as a runner. I have known a lot of guys like that that are retired. However, most people lack the maturity that you gain fom going to college, getting drunk and chasing women. You develop a certain cunning that helps you trade because you accomplish all that rowdiness without the advantage of money(unless you were part of the lucky semen club). So any up and coming traders out there-go to college. Play lots of video games and get comfortable with computers. chase a lot of tail and have fun. Trading is exhilerating-but there isn't a tougher business out there. (maybe gay prostitute):D

#43     Jun 5, 2003
  4. It is my sincere belief that video games, having fun, and chasing tail is severely under-rated. Not so sure if the computers are all that important.

Peace,
    :)RS

#44     Jun 6, 2003