College Students and Grads.

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Don Bright, Jun 12, 2003.

1. nitro

nitro

Hmmmm,

U think?

nitro

#61     Jun 18, 2003

2. nitro,

funny ! seriously, i met a guy who's entire business/ job was to buy failed subways and get them back on track. apparently their failure rate is very very high.

what i think 777 is missing here is that don bright does not take his traders 25k like many business opportunities. the trader's trade their money since that is what they choose to do. it is actually very legit, yeah don is a salesman--so what ??? my only issue is the suggestion that non-risk capital be used, such as educational funds. i truly wish don would reevaluate his statement.

best,

surfer:)

#62     Jun 18, 2003
  3. If the traders break even on all the trades they place, Bright does indeed take a percentage of their 25K in commissions and fees.

#63     Jun 18, 2003
  4. nitro

nitro

If a trader breaks even at Bright for any period of time, that trader is a GOLD MINE given time.

Break even trading is good trading on the way to profitable trading.

nitro

#64     Jun 18, 2003
  5. nitro

nitro

surf,

Very interesting.

777 and the rest of the world is not stupid enough to believe that anyone getting into stock trading doesn't already know that trading is a tough tough business dominated by professionals.

EVEN IF they are so stupid not to know it, give them two weeks to a month at a firm getting their ass kicked where they get smacked for $5k loss and they will get a clue. At these firms, anyone who is bleeding money will be FLAGGED LONG BEFORE they lose 1/5 of their account, and be talked to, and in some cases if they do not change their ways or are not learning the profession, are pressured to quit.

nitro

#65     Jun 18, 2003

6. Ever see someone make an uninformed decision, on the basis of a less than forthcoming sales presentation?

The real issue is does any firm have a moral or ethical obligation to tell the whole story, or is their job only to open up a desk and let the trader have at it?

#66     Jun 18, 2003
  7. nitro

nitro

When I was at the Bright training, it was made VERY clear to me that maybe 1 out 20 of us that were there would still be trading making a living out of it 6 months to a year later. Not only that, once these questions were asked, the flood of questions along these lines were pummeled at the presenter, with each answer never sugar coated. I would say that less than 10% of class signs up given the fear that is instilled in them BY the firm.

nitro

#67     Jun 18, 2003
  8. *****
    Franchise systems are notorious for not wanting people to refine thier systems.

It's only a good idea if they invented it.

Sounds like a blessing in disguise ,Nitro.

:cool:

#68     Jun 18, 2003
  9. nitro

nitro

I was joking.

nitro :( :(

#69     Jun 18, 2003
  10. shut yeah.... go down clybourne to webster and look at the line going out the door of potbellies every day... anyone who eats at subway or pizza hut in chicago should be shot just on principle

#70     Jun 18, 2003