College Students and Grads.

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Don Bright, Jun 12, 2003.

1. FinStat

FinStat

your bio says you are a "curent" college student......LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

#21     Jun 13, 2003
  2. Not everyone can become a succesful trader, but a college degree can guarantee most people a comfortable life.

#22     Jun 13, 2003
  3. exactly what i was going to say...i knew that would come back and bite me in the butt. But honestly more and more college sudents have bad grammer and spelling. Why? because they rely on spell check and grammer check to much....and thats the god honest truth!

#23     Jun 13, 2003
  4. Ya..thats why i said id rather be taught to trade smart then waste my mula on college. I am a junior in college for business, but i also trade for a firm.

#24     Jun 13, 2003
  5. Rather than address the "naysayers" with a valid argument, you get in a huff and go to the extreme statements of flipping burgers.

Typical over-reaction of Don "King" Bright.

Perhaps you might just think through the criticisms, and offer fact and reason to counter the arguments you don't like.

#25     Jun 13, 2003
  6. I'm curious...How long is your training course?

#26     Jun 13, 2003
  7. Ikspec

Ikspec

Please don't pretend like this is about philantropy for the poor college grads that will be standing in unemployment lines.

#27     Jun 13, 2003
  8. This is crazy. You might be creating more unemployment. Your statement sounds like a churn broker.

trend

#28     Jun 13, 2003
  9. are there any statistics available on college grad prop traders v. non college grad prop traders in terms of numbers of each, success/failure rate, longevity ??

any thoughts ??

best,

surfer:)

#29     Jun 16, 2003
  10. OK, fair enough.....

We encourage education, and also encourage entrepreneurship, and have been somewhat pivotal in both. I teach at the college level, and obviously do what I can to help those who want to partcipate in the stock market. These two concepts are not mutually exclusive.....many college students want to become "part of Wall Street".....but have been either mis-informed or simply mislead by visions of high paying "jobs"....that simply do not exist. On the the other hand, opportunities do avail themselves for those who are seeking to start their own business.

Perhaps this is a more preferred response.....

Don

#30     Jun 16, 2003