College Playoffs for 2019 Season

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Hari Seldon, Oct 11, 2019.

1. speedo

speedo

Clemson doesn't lack for talent so they could well be much better in a month from now but right now they are not a top 4 team. They don't play anyone who is good enough to beat them so it won't matter....likely in.

#21     Oct 23, 2019
    vanzandt likes this.
  2. UGA isn't the team I thought they would be so not sure how much it meant for USCe to beat them at both lines of scrimmage. NC almost beat Clemson. Dabo is notorious for blowing games.

#22     Oct 24, 2019
  3. speedo

speedo

Yeah, Georgia hasn't gelled this year either. LSU beat the crap out of them last year in Athens. Smart is having trouble getting them consistent. Like Clemson, they sure as hell don't lack for talent.

#23     Oct 24, 2019
    vanzandt likes this.
  4. Smart is only 44 or so and is in his first head coaching job. The state of GA has incredible talent and Smart gets who he wants, but he is likely just a good, maybe above average coach and he is not going to do many great things at UGA.
    Richt was likely a better coach but just wasn't willing to put in the effort. Smart will put in the effort but it will be a work in process with coaching.

#24     Oct 26, 2019
  5. vanzandt

vanzandt

They play Kansas. :D

I don't know if you saw it, but that was incredible on-side kick at the end. His knee did touch the ball though. Ya gotta hate a loss like that, I think with 1:41, OU would have tied it up. Bad beat.

I took a wash on the OSU game... they killed Wisconsin. I thought 14 points (Big 10 in the rain) was a sure thing. The good news is I also took the under (rain).
    OSU is looking tough.

#25     Oct 26, 2019
  6. Wallet

Wallet

Kansas St. Yep, if they would have played the entire game like the 4th quarter.... well you know the adage, if if and buts were canned like nuts.... I was hoping for a OU Bama matchup. Quarterbacks dream game. Just a dream nowo_O

Hats off to KSU.

OSU quality win over Wis.

#26     Oct 26, 2019
    vanzandt likes this.
  7. vanzandt

vanzandt

Ya know, I don't the exact rules... but now they are saying he was "blocked" into that contact with the ball, which means it was in fact a legitimate onside kick turn-over. It looks like that ref screwed up and perhaps cost OU a chance at the playoffs. Pretty sure they'd have scored the way they were playing.
    If they wanna use technology, they gotta use it all. Why didn't he know that rule?

Last edited: Oct 26, 2019
    #27     Oct 26, 2019
  8. Wallet

Wallet

Haven't watched any highlight reports but I had wondered about that in the replay, I did not know of that rule, but thought bummer - he was blocked into the ball.

Tis sour milk, Sooners were 24 point favorites, it should have never come down to an onside kick.

#28     Oct 26, 2019
  9. I agree with you on OSU. I am thinking OSU may be the best team overall.

#29     Oct 29, 2019
  10. vanzandt

vanzandt

Auburn/Alabama
    -3.5 Alabama
    50 O/U.
    pick: Take the over and Alabama -3.5.

S Carolina/Clemson
    Clemson -27.5
    51 O/U
    pick: Take the over and SC +27.5

OSU/Michigan