College Loan Advise

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by evan228, May 6, 2012.

1. #11     May 6, 2012
  2. It's actually the University that is a horrible business model.

It's a stand-alone unit of government. Subsidized 50% by state money. Then they charge the average Joe double so they can give scholarships to the field hockey team and pay for them to travel. The waste and corruption is horrific. There is little to no oversight.

I can't see blaming a 17 year old for doing what their "advisors" and "counselors" are telling them to do.

There are community college presidents making upwards of $1MM/ year. There are Ph.D.'s teaching at Universities who can't (or won't) use proper english & spelling.

Unless or until intelligent people stand up with baseball bats and run the corruption away, it's just not going to change.

#12     May 7, 2012
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

...The cost of college would probably come down

#13     May 7, 2012
  4. Same is true for Federal government.

:mad:

#14     May 7, 2012
  5. evan228

evan228

Thanks, hopefully that answers Zr1Trader's question much more eloquently than i'd care to. obviously ive already reflected the reason im posting is to see if there is anything else i can do.

so that it, just pay the loans.. sad state this economy is in and the price of a degree is over-inflated... although im much better off with one, i just dont see how all this suckiness will ever make a turn for the change.

#15     May 8, 2012