College Laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by BeatLiLKids, Jun 20, 2006.

1. maxpi

maxpi

#61     Jun 21, 2006
  2. Yeah dude... Only issue on this it seems a little "too good to be true" you know?

#62     Jun 21, 2006
  3. gnome

gnome

#63     Jun 21, 2006
  4. Well hey.... It comes with accidental protection!:D

#64     Jun 21, 2006
  5. Good point about the video card. Treat it with care (remember you spent 3G's) and you shouldn't need the accident insurance. It's a nice machine and I'd say go for it!!!

Let me know how it works out. I do like to give good references when I can and this could be another one. For both the equipment, and the seller. :)

#65     Jun 21, 2006
  6. Adobian

Adobian

I used to hear about those $2/month cell phone insurance (Protection) got abused, people called and file loss/theft report to get new phone replacement. They don't offer that anymore.

It's interesting. Suppose they offer accidental protection for your laptop for three years. You can use the laptop for three years, then in the third year you would then "accidentally" damage your laptop and you get a new replacement, is that how these things (accidental protection policy) work ?

I even heard people by these things at Costco and return them after 6 months, cause the policy allows it. They use the money to buy new models. I wonder how many times can they do this. America is wonderful ain't it ?

#66     Jun 21, 2006
  7. LoL it sure is man.

#67     Jun 22, 2006
  8. Hahahah... I got it covered. The company I work for has an account or some kind of contract with Dell. Either way I am getting the 1710 with the following specs:

2.16 Ghz Processor (duo core)
    2 GB RAM
    100Gb 7200 Hard drive
    512MB Nvidia 7900
    blah blah blah all the good stuff

3 Year Warranty

All for $2400

#68     Jun 22, 2006
  9. gnome

gnome

You must be one of them guys who can stumble face first into a pile of manure and come up smellin' like roses.

#69     Jun 22, 2006
  10. Yeah.... Basically.

#70     Jun 22, 2006