College Laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by BeatLiLKids, Jun 20, 2006.

1. Customer service. If my pc messes up (which it will, me and electronics don't get along) then I need somebody who can help me out with as little problems as possible.

#41     Jun 21, 2006
  2. gnome

gnome

Tech support at Dell is often complained about. There may be some "premium" support where you can have priority and talk to someone who speaks English and who is in the US. Might want to look into that.

#42     Jun 21, 2006
  3. Most tech support is foreign based it seems. Dell can get you to (solid) english speaking techs if you choose though. I usually ask for one when I call. When I do this, I've generally had pretty good success with solving my computer issues.

The Sager line has been problematic in the past too. Tech support? Well, they do have it. :)

#43     Jun 21, 2006
  4. Well at Dell, everyone I spoke to does speak English and all that good stuff and as far as I know they were in America. The only problem is they are salespeople who do not know anything about computers other than "It's the newest! It is the top of the line model!"..... Great service

#44     Jun 21, 2006
  5. Are you saying that Sager is not up to par on customer service? I haven't had a chance to speak to them so I have no knowledge of how they do in dealing with customers.

#45     Jun 21, 2006
  6. gnome

gnome

People you spoke to were almost certainly not technical support.

#46     Jun 21, 2006
  7. I can't get a hold of anybody that is not a sales rep.

#47     Jun 21, 2006
  8. You clearly weren't talking to the tech support department. General tech support there is almost completely foreign sounding. Not to say that they aren't talented in their own right.

And the sales staff there really is, a sales staff. They tout what they have, and NEED, to convince you to buy. That's they're only required task it seems.

It's the reason I've done rather well working with their products as an independent computer guy. I try to help you to understand that you don't need the latest, greatest, (supposed) fastest best new product out there. :)

#48     Jun 21, 2006
  9. In a simple word, YES! Again, they too fall down in real tech support for novices. They have always shown an air of arrogance (not confidence) when clients/I have talked with them. :)

#49     Jun 21, 2006
  10. Damn... I was pretty stoked about the sager too. Well explain in what areas are they arrogant because the only service I would ever need is assistance with troubleshooting my PC, or sending it in for a repair. Would I have trouble with that with Sager?

#50     Jun 21, 2006