College Is Not An Option

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by vanzandt, Feb 4, 2018.

1. bobohex

bobohex

College is absolutely optional in the modern capitalist system.

#71     Jan 16, 2020
  2. I didn’t have enough college knowledge to get a prestigious job. I wasn’t even taught how to write capstone project outline like at the service PapersOwl.com. I believe that the educational system should be radically changed in accordance with modern requirements. I would love to participate in this reform.

#72     Jan 19, 2020
  3. Who ARE you, Bart Simpson? Eric Cartman?

#73     Jan 20, 2020
  4. Unfortunately, "modern college" with its high costs and BS degrees seems more of a scam between the education system and the federal government.

#74     Jan 24, 2020
    drcha and bookish like this.
  5. bookish

bookish

Agreed. Plus they play favorites and only teach you the good stuff if you have the brainwashing from the swingers club.

#75     Jan 26, 2020
  6. You throw a fair die 12 times (equivalently 12 dice once), what is the probability that each face shows up exactly twice?

Code:
    sample = ceil(unifrnd(0,1,100000,12)*6) #generate 100000 times (rows) of 12 throws each
    event = 0;
    for i=1:100000
    # let x[x1, x2, x3, x4, x5, x6] represent number of faces in each trial (12 throws)
    x = [sum(sample(i,:) == 1), sum(sample(i,:) == 2), sum(sample(i,:) == 3), sum(sample(i,:) == 4), sum(sample(i,:) == 5), sum(sample(i,:) == 6)] ;
    if (x == [2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2])
      event = event + 1;
    endif
    end
    disp(event/100000*100);
    The event space is 6!/(2!2!2!2!2!2!) = 6!/2!^6.
    The sample space is 6^12, so event space / sample space = 0.34%

#76     Jan 29, 2020
  7. If your son is too bright to spend the rest of their lives working in an Amazon distribution center then they will not end up doing that. Smart people figure things out and if they don't then they are probably not that smart.

Personally, I am glad I don't have children and so don't have to make this choice. As much of a joke college cost is it is hard to justify not going to college and missing out on that experience. I love my life as an old man but those years are priceless and so formative. Even if part time with no intention of finishing I can't imagine not having serious regrets if you never have a college experience.

#77     Feb 13, 2020
  8. darui

darui

#78     Feb 21, 2020
  9. And what about the parents (even wealthy) that give their kids absolutely no financial support and kick them out at 18? It's basically get a job AND finish college or have no place to live.

#79     Feb 21, 2020
  10. Sig

Sig

What about the kid who by accident of birth is born to dirt poor parents. All the same at the end of the day as far as impact to the kid.

#80     Feb 21, 2020