College Graduate

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by TKORL, Jul 1, 2009.

1. TKORL

TKORL

Nothing really, we don't have a finance major at undergraduate level.

#31     Jul 29, 2009
  2. The odds against actually realizing this, attracting serious money and being succesful are so unlikely, that you might as well decide your want to play in the NFL. You have a better chance.

#32     Jul 29, 2009
  3. Surdo

Surdo

I assume you watch the markets in real time and are studying why they move?

Roll your sleeves up and download a free charting platform and dig up the economic releases for the next day, BAM you are a trader.

You'll either find a job, or get funding or both!

#33     Jul 29, 2009
  4. TKORL

TKORL

I understand it is difficult, however unlike playing in the NFL, it's not a zero sum game with a fixed number of spots. I believe that if one is capable of giving good returns then there will be investors. But that is all still distant talk and a while away. I'm just looking to learn at this stage.

#34     Jul 29, 2009
  5. If you overcome the 100 to 1 odds of becoming a longterm, lucrative trader, that should be your first goal. Your odds of "running a fund" are probably 100:1 again times the first.

Just focus on learning to trade now...

#35     Jul 30, 2009
  6. TKORL

TKORL

That is more or less what I said earlier. And yes, I do agree with you.

#36     Jul 30, 2009
  7. TKORL

TKORL

I was referring to trading assistant/junior trading jobs.

#37     Jul 30, 2009
  8. prop firm only, I imagine. I cannot imagine any financial institutions will be looking for you, while tens of thousands of industry veterens are walking the streets and will do any of those jobs for almost nothing, just to get back into the business.

#38     Jul 31, 2009
  9. TKORL

TKORL

I see, what is different about the prop firms in that regard?

#39     Jul 31, 2009
  10. They basically take most people, you some money up front, can let you take firm capital, and you may learn some things from others there. I have not done it, so I am not an info source on "how it works and how to do it." But there is a category on prop firms in the main "forum" list page. You can do some research. And ask a few questions.

Some have good, some have terrible reputations.

It is not really a "job." 98% chance you will be out on your ear in a few months if you cannot profitably trade. But it is a little more than nothing.

But if you don't already know how to trade, it won't be much help.

#40     Jul 31, 2009