college degree quesiton

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by l4t13, Mar 4, 2007.

1. cstfx

cstfx

A great example of a decent thread gone bad.

To l4t13;

kid, you got some great advice and some decent opinions here in answer to your query. Take this info, think about it, and make your decisions. Keep your options open. And good luck.

Now get out before someone finds something else to insult and criticize you for.

#51     Mar 6, 2007
  2. I went to WKU for nothing to do with trading. I majored in Broadcasting and worked in the TV production business right out of school. Lived in Nashville until about 3 years ago when I relocated to New Orleans.

I am just finishing up a 5 year career as a professional gambler and now I am looking to get out of it and to get into trading. They are very closely related!

I wish you the best of luck, whatever you end up doing.

#52     Mar 6, 2007
  3. l4t13

l4t13

Thanks for the support. I'm pretty sure I will be getting the double major in education and something I like.

Traveler: Thanks for the posts. Nashville is a pretty nice city =)

off topic: pushed my ytd gains up to 43% today.
    ($1900 to $2753 since jan 1st)

#53     Mar 6, 2007
  4. Drew07

Drew07

The God thing was an exaggeration over how big of a nag I thought she was being and was meant to be a joke, I guess you couldn't understand that so you had to take the oppurtunity to go off on a tangent about sheep and sound like an ass.

And as for a decent thread going bad; theres threads like this every day, they all conclude with the halfway intelligent people suggesting that a college degree is the most rational way to go. I'll stop posting on this thread so it won't become an endless argument.

#54     Mar 6, 2007
  5. bluud

bluud

still doesn't change the fact that you are weak

too bad ... we had a good laugh at your posts

[​IMG]

#55     Mar 7, 2007
  6. What is a prop group?

#56     Mar 7, 2007
  7. Exactly. Don't go to finance if you are looking to be a trader. Learning to program and learning advanced mathematics is the best way to go. I had no one to guide me and I wasted 5 years for a finance degree... But you have our guidance. Use it wisely.

#57     Mar 7, 2007