college degree quesiton

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by l4t13, Mar 4, 2007.

1. YoungOne

YoungOne

Why not get that degree and trade at the same time? You could take later classes and just trade in the morning. Then by the time you graduate, you've had some experience and maybe even a good amount of capital to trade for a living. Good luck with whatever you decide on.

#11     Mar 5, 2007
  2. Ok, now that the gallery has chimed in . . .
    Nice post nitro, by the way.

Always get your education (PRIORITY) but since you have a full ride . . . watch the markets at the same time, even EOD. NOTICE I DID NOT SAY TRADE THE MARKETS.
    Observe the markets from a standpoint of price and do not read a single book on someone else's VIEWS of what they THINK the market does. Learn for yourself. You have 4 years to formulate your own consistency. You are in a perfect position to be set-up for trading, even part-time, upon graduation.
    On a further note . . . don't waste your time or talents after graduation on a prop firm OR trading other peoples money. Props are for people who are just starting out and with little or no experience and trading OPM is a MIGRAINE WAITING TO HAPPEN.

#12     Mar 5, 2007
  3. l4t13

l4t13

Nice Reply.

I have been watching the markets and investing in long term stocks.

I do plan on continuing that in college. I just wasn't sure what degree path to follow.

So mainly just get a degree and continue to learn.

I will probably get the degree in education because that is where I feel I can make the biggest impact in other people's lives.

I feel that I can learn the market for the next 9-10 years then after working as a teacher for 5 years than I should have enough capital to trade on my own while continuing to work and grow.

Thanks a lot everyone.

#13     Mar 5, 2007
  4. dac8555

dac8555

or if you happened to like finance maybe?

#14     Mar 5, 2007
  5. l4t13

l4t13

I like finance to a certain place. I might would like to teach economics.

#15     Mar 5, 2007
  6. Interdisciplinary is the way to go in the future. I'd study Biology/Chemistry. Then go to med school. Trading will eventually teach you all the finance and economics you need to know so you can use those classes as your electives.

#16     Mar 5, 2007
  7. l4t13

l4t13

while chemistry and physics are my favorite subjects I wouldnt like to be a med student.

#17     Mar 5, 2007
  8. dac8555

dac8555

listen man...you wil NEVER EVER be good ay anything unless you really love it. it sounds stupid becuse it is so overused these days. When you work in something you dont like, and go back to something you do like...youll understand.

Ill never be good at baseball, religion, engineering, or gardening becuse they arent any fun for me. Sales, cars, cooking and finance i am good at.

If i were starting today i would start with that list.

You will be medicore at best if not doing soemthing that captures your attention.

start trading part time when you have a real job in the field of interest that you like just to test the waters. But for the love of god, if you want to teach, teach.

#18     Mar 5, 2007
  9. buylo

buylo

Only if you're a guy. Otherwise, if you are a woman you will want to teach until you are 31 and then incestanty bitch about how much you don't want to work.

#19     Mar 5, 2007
  10. I don't get you..

What is special about being 31? what about woman teachers? They're some of the best I've had.

#20     Mar 5, 2007