College Basketball vs. Pro Basketball

Discussion in 'Politics' started by aphexcoil, Apr 6, 2004.

1. funky

funky

indoor soccer (MISL for those of you who know what i'm talking about...the old days)

for some reason this sport never caught on with the public. most exciting game ever created...great sport to play as well!

:D

#11     Apr 6, 2004
  2. ElCubano

ElCubano

you are probably the only one...FOOTBALL is by far the most popular sport to watch...i dont have the stats and i know baseball was the sport to watch in the past but as MAV said every game counts....and if you actually go see the game live..it is by far the best form of entertainment any sport can have....man there is nothing like going to a football game on a sunday and tailgating for hours before the game...yeah baby cmon dolphins im already excited...Oh and try any sports fantasy league and you will see why football is numero uno....

#12     Apr 6, 2004
  3. Daxtrader

Daxtrader

You can't beat pro football. Also love watching world cup soccer. Anyone here watch cricket? One-day matches are pretty exciting. India-Pakistan series last couple of weeks was amazing, long time rivals.

#13     Apr 6, 2004
  4. vega

vega

I'll admit it's not for everybody, but I'm a golf-a-holic and while it may not have the super fast action that other sports have, there's nothing better than sitting down with a few cold ones and watching the guys tee it up at Augusta. Few more days, can't wait..................

Vega:D

Just to stay on topic, my vote is for PRO, not that I'm a big fan of either anymore. Used to LOVE the UNLV Runnin' Rebels back in the late 80s-early 90s, but after Tark left I lost all interest in the college game, so my vote for PRO is by default.

#14     Apr 6, 2004
  5. VOLUME

VOLUME

Pro basketball? How can anyone sit through that garbage?

It's a free throw shooting contest between the "untouchable" players.

I have only watched about 10 minutes of pro hoops in the last 5 years. Kings vs. Lakers in the playoffs 2 years ago. Game is tied with a few seconds left, Lakers trying to inbound the ball....some guy plays perfect defense on Kobe, then Kobe elbows him in the face trying to get free...AND THE REFS CALL A FOUL ON THE GUY GUARDING HIM!!!!!!!! That league is a pathetic joke.

I don't even want to get started on the "police blotter" activity.

#15     Apr 6, 2004
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

Plus I think basketball and baseball players are so overpaid its sick. I respect football players because of the physicality of the sport. If you had to take some of the hits these guys took, there is no way you would just play for the money. And not just one hit, but sometimes 10, 20, 30 hits a game. Most of these guys when they retire will never have a normal physical life ever again. They will feel those hits for the rest of their life. But excuse me if some skinny 6"9 basketball player makes 50 million and goes out every night and scores some blow and some hookers and then complains he is underpaid? Hell no I'm not going to watch that sport. F*ck those guys.

#16     Apr 6, 2004
  7. damir00

damir00 Guest

been to three superbowls and more than a couple of monday nighters.

yawwwwwwwn.

never again.

but to each their own, i certainly have no issue with people enjoying it!

#17     Apr 6, 2004
  8. ElCubano

ElCubano

i remember that...and it was game 7 if i recall correctly making the call that much more FUCKED UP

#18     Apr 6, 2004
  9. VOLUME

VOLUME

Exactly....plus the Kings were at home, which means you should get the calls.

I can honestly say that not a single guy I know watches the NBA...it's like a forgotten league.

#19     Apr 6, 2004
  10. Being that I've grown up in the US, I've never seen a game in my life even though I was born in South Africa (of course I moved when I was 4 months old) ....which is really a shame because my cousins are actually really into it and play/have played for the South African team. One of them was like the head cricket guy or something...I don't know, like I said, never seen a game in my life but I hear matches can go on for days.....literally

#20     Apr 6, 2004