Collective2

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Joab, Nov 11, 2006.

1. ZTrader888

ZTrader888

I used Collective for a while but the TradeStation signal interface was erratic - sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. The result was that about 1/3 of the signals were never received on the Collective end. Anyone else have that problem?

My automated FX portfolio equity curve:

#21     Jan 20, 2007
  2. ginux

ginux

how realistic is this? by the time the subscribers receive the signals from collective2, wouldn't their entry points differ from the signals due to the time diff?

#22     Apr 11, 2007
  3. Depends on the instrument, of course, but C2 signal transmission options include both IM and autotrading, as well as email.

#23     Apr 11, 2007
  4. ginux

ginux

How does the scaling work?

Eg.

if the portfolio i subscribe to has this components.

LONG 1000 XXX
    LONG 2000 ABC
    LONG 3000 LLL
    LONG 1 PPP

The entire portfolio value is $100,000

I want to autotrade that portfolio with $10,000, how does it figure out the sizes?

Since $10,000 is 10% of $100,000, the first 3 trades are easy to figure out.

LONG 100 xxx
    LONG 200 ABC
    LONG 300 LLL

But what about the last trade?
    LONG 0.1 PPP is impossible.

If this is how collective2 scales, wouldn't that make the actual autotrading performance very different from the published system?

#24     Apr 14, 2007
  5. Of course, Captain Obvious...
    You think Stevie Cohen is sitting in his office wondering why C2 is so goddamn tough to figure out. It's for the shnooks out there, 95% of whom will have drawdowns of 50% or more in no time...
    But the 5% who survive have a chance for that seed money. And for that reason, it's a good product and marketing material.

If you have a great system, then great. Sell it. Or raise cash. Then it all comes back to closing deals...

#25     Apr 14, 2007
  6. [​IMG]

Open E-Ery is now connected to all the futures systems in collective 2 for autotrading...

Cost is 2 bucks a side..plus the subscription to the system...some of the price are astounding...

be careful...

I do not endorse any of this...

ES

#26     Apr 14, 2007
  7. d1david

d1david

Well with some systems on C2 (like Bottoms Up) its pretty realistic since it only does EOD signals and instead of doing market orders, enters limit orders above the current price to limit slippage.

#27     Apr 17, 2007
  8. ginux

ginux

anyone knows this?

#28     Apr 21, 2007
  9. Your example is extreme, but, sure, that would be a no trade for your account.

Your personal performance record is going to differ somewhat from the official published record anyway, even with autotrading. Common reasons include non-identical fills for entries and exits; delayed, missed or incorrect fills; and, yes, the scaling factor distortion, for a smaller account than the system.

However, your performance should not be "very different," unless 1) you have not done your homework when selecting a system appropriate for your account, or 2) have not set the autotrading parameters correctly.

Before you even think of going live, you'll want to study the C2 AutoTrading forum.

#29     Apr 21, 2007