Collective2

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Joab, Nov 11, 2006.

1. this one was hedged with aud/usd well in profit

#11     Jan 19, 2007
  2. If you can make a system that makes money, you will get subscribers and in turn make money. Is the website perfect? No, but that should not stop you from publishing. My guess it that some people posted a system that failed and then blaimed the software b/c of it. I believe you get some trial trades first, so try it out and see for yourself.

#12     Jan 19, 2007

3. HighRisk blows up again. LMAO! It's easy to remove/cancel a system on collective2. He obviously wrongly thought he could salvage these failed trades, or else he would have just removed the system.

#13     Jan 19, 2007
  4. Joab

Joab

LOL

So I should pay money to papertrade(during a busy trading day) so that I can get 30 people to pay me $100 a month and dilution of my profitable trading method.?

Maybe if you were looking for seed money for a fund I would say it's worth the trouble but no succesful trader would really bother.

#14     Jan 19, 2007
  5. I was replying to the original poster that asked about using Collective2.

If you are a great trader making money on your own, there is no need for Collective2. The extra hassles, time and energy is not worth it to the trader pulling in thousands of dollars per day.

Now, if you are looking to test something, develop a track record or just earn some residual income, then collective2 is a good option.

#15     Jan 19, 2007
  6. Actually, a vendor can't remove any of their systems from C2. If you discontinue any system ("This system is no longer supported"), it'll still show up on the "Other systems by ..." page under your name. Look for the link "Vendor has created N other systems. (See all)" in the "System developer" section on any system's page.

Of course, a way to get around that would be to go to the trouble of creating a brand new vendor identity on C2.

#16     Jan 20, 2007
  7. #17     Jan 20, 2007
  8. Pekelo

Pekelo

This year so far has been good to me:

[​IMG]

Well, I told you subscribers don't understand options, thus you limited your possible costumer base...

#18     Jan 20, 2007
  9. Wow, congratulations Pekelo on your equity curve, very nice indeed! You were right about ppl not understanding options. Oh well, I'm just happy to be a profitable trader these days. May 2007 be a prosperous year to you!

#19     Jan 20, 2007
  10. lindq

lindq

IMO, the site provides traders (and trader wannabes) with a number of benefits, the very least of which is attracting a few subscribers to a system.

In fact, the worst thing that can happen - and it has happened in a few instances with equity systems - is that a number of system subscribers go jumping into a trade at once and move the stock.

For new or inexperienced traders, this site is really a goldmine of trading systems and traders, the good, the bad and the ugly.

A site like E.T. has its value, and I'm pleased it is here. But the posts are 98% bulls**t from Bulls**ters. A site like C2 is where the rubber meets the road. Put up or shut up. It isn't a chat board, and the developer doesn't want it to become so. It is a trading site.

And despite the fact that I've been trading for years, monitoring other systems and posting trades for one of my systems has been a good learning experience. You're never too old or experienced to learn from others mistakes and successes.

The site isn't perfect, but I have to give a lot of credit to the developer for coming up with a creative approach to sharing systems and information.

(NOTE: Although I post trades from one of my systems on C2, I do not want, and am not soliciting new subscribers from ET. I have my own reasons for posting trades there, and it does not include attracting subscribers. This is NOT a promotion for C2.)

#20     Jan 20, 2007