collective2

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by vr82, Apr 11, 2005.

1. In fact I went to a course once where the vendor was angling to manage funds in the $1M class in a private advisory capacity. I told him if I had a million fucking dollars I wouldn't be taking his course.

#11     Apr 11, 2005
  2. Because their systems don't work.

#12     Apr 11, 2005
  3. LOL. "Students cannot be better than their teachers"!?:confused:

#13     Apr 12, 2005
  4. I guess that would be probably true in terms of consistency and reliability in the long run. :confused:

#14     Apr 12, 2005
  5. Oddtrader,

I see your back to your one-liners...I had hope for you.

#15     Apr 12, 2005
  6. :confused:

#16     Apr 12, 2005
  7. OddTrader, you put that confused smiley in many (most?) of your posts. Is that your signature or are you really confused most of the time? :eek:

#17     Apr 12, 2005
  8. :confused:

#18     Apr 12, 2005
  9. why does collective2 display hypothetical intraday results as if they were traded with > 20 lots? the #s are misleading

there are also instances where historical fills listed are outside the price range of the actual trading that occurred.

sketchy

#19     Oct 17, 2005
  10. I have/had a system on there but gave up because the trade interface is kinda klunky and awkward and still had some bugs in it. I agree, the fills aren't entirely accurate, because they (like all simulations) don't account for the cue (where you are in the place of the line of orders) and the size impacts on the market, and some other things. However, having said that, you probably aren't going to trade size that matters, or have to worry too much about the cue when you are starting out. The interface improves at a good pace, and Matthew is a good guy who works hard at making it a great product.

All in all I'd say that it depends where you are in the learning process... It may be a good place to start, but as the budda guy said, you really need to figure that out for yourself.

- The New Guy

#20     Oct 17, 2005