Collective2

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by bkveen3, Jul 22, 2009.

1. They can ask for a refund and they will get it. Go read the vendor agreement so you can give an accurate opinion instead of just an "opinion".

#21     Dec 30, 2009
  2. GTS

GTS

I know there was a pay for performance option in the past (you only paid the monthly subscription fee if a performance target was reached), I haven't visited the site much recently so I don't know if that is still a subscription option.

#22     Dec 30, 2009
  3. A friend of mine offered a system on collective2 and got MANY chargebacks, and his was a profitable system. People would sign up, take the signals, and then cancel and demand a refund.

It is why it takes 90-days to receive the fees from clients. The owner of C2 makes sure the chargeback deadline is past.

#23     Dec 30, 2009
    #24     Dec 30, 2009

5. Such as ?

#25     Dec 30, 2009
  6. Pekelo

Pekelo

OK, here it is:

"Refunds and exceptional charges. If your subscriber is unhappy and demands a refund of fees paid to us on your behalf, or if an unhappy customer calls his bank and as a result we are charged a special fee - called a "chargeback" in credit card jargon - then we will remove that fee ......"

So I was kind of incorrect, they can and will refund for ANY reason. I said not for underperformance.

#26     Dec 30, 2009
  7. My buddy says he earned $7,800, net of C2 fees, over 2.2 years of running his system. Certainly not worth the aggravation. His system was in the top 5 for the entire period to give you an idea of the potential, if any.

#27     Dec 30, 2009
  8. C2 was hacked and CC info was obtained. Oh boy.

#28     Dec 30, 2009
  9. which system? "Top 5" is a very subjective concept. It depends on the system metrics, which markets, etc.

Frankly, almost all systems there are not worth anything - starry eyed paper traders who think their 6 month worthless backtest will generate $50,000 in subscription fees

#29     Dec 31, 2009
  10. Your system would definitely fall into the "worthless" category.

#30     Dec 31, 2009