Collective2 vs MyfxBook

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by bigspeculate, Oct 31, 2016.

1. Anyone have any experience with Collective2 or MyfxBook? Is one better than the other?

2. All of those so-called expert bragging trading performance sites are for clowns :cool::confused:
    Anyone who's truly successful I can't imagine would waste time with that silly nonsense.

Well maybe two or three or five...out of the 10,000 users are actually, really successful -- but they are the exception rather than the rule.
    But even then, their strategy or agenda is questionable or suspect still.

3. lindq

lindq

In what regard are you asking? As a developer or subscriber?

It depends on what you expect to get from the sites.

4. New here. I have not tried Collective2 but I liked how quickly I was able to add my Mt4 account to MYFXbook. To be honest though, like many sites, I try it, forget it and never go back. It seemed nice when I paid attention to it!

Sorry that is not much help.

-E

5. userque

userque

As a developer, C2 generally works well 99% of the time. Nothing's perfect I suppose. I have no experience with MyfxBook.

6. bln

bln

Just did take a look at C2, I would say 99.99% of systems is garbage. Did only find one one single system I would feel safe to work my money, and that is "XessIVol". Yes I do have high expectations regarding risk vs return metrics.

7. gkishot

gkishot

What metrics are you looking for in respect to risk vs return?

8. userque

userque

The site has been around since 2001. It has tons of subscribers and controls millions of dollars in trading accounts.

But I do respect that everyone is free to have an opinion after they "just did take a look..."

VPhantom and Xela like this.
  9. bln

bln

Want to see annual average returns two times or higher of the max drawdown of the system lifetime. Ex. if the max peak to valley drawdown is 10% over a trailing 3 year period, then the annualized return should be minimum 20%.

For my own quant system the relation is at 2.5x, I can chose my my annual return based on how much risk I'm willing to take. I can make 25% annually for 10% risk or 100% return for 40% expected risk.

10. bln

bln

I have been a member at C2 for many years. And would say that most expose them self to way too much risk. Majority are shoot-to-the-moon and happy-go-lucky systems that target audience is retailers that want to get rich quick. I have seen countless systems explode in the face of the subscribers.. well you bought the lucky ticket to get rich quick. ;-)

#10     Nov 4, 2016