Collection agencies

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Vinny1, May 26, 2011.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

I'd be OK with that.

#21     May 27, 2011
  2. I will be sure to tell him that he should not have a bank account then, or at least close his bank account if he gets sued. If he gets a check, he will just have to cash it at check cashing stores.

If he ever decides to rent an apartment, how would he pay his rent and utilities without a bank account or can he just use money orders and prepaid debit cards?

#22     May 27, 2011
  3. Eight

Eight

The collections people will break all sorts of laws if you let them. Keep records of all the phone calls as proof that they called you often, in many states that is enough to win a harassment lawsuit against them... Your friend could get more from suing the collections people than he owes... the trick to not getting sued is to not get served. Use a commercial pob for everything and get a Google Voice number that you give out publicly... use a prepaid phone for private calls and pay it by cash, get a cash backed debit card, do your banking at a Kiosk in a convenience store.. you wind up taking advantage of all the things that Illegal Aliens do basically...

I had so many problems with relatives and creditors that I moved and left no forwarding address and no trail... One fairly trustworthy relative has my email address and that's it. Afaik they cannot easily equate an email to an address, I could be wrong but if they do it's a pob and I refer to the box number as "apartment number nnn"...

Don't tell your friends what you don't want your enemies to know...

#23     May 27, 2011
  4. Friend my hairy bean bag, this piker is clicking around in skid marked underwear asking for himself.

Geraldo Rennickera bags another one:cool:

#24     May 28, 2011
  5. It is not for me. It is for my friend.

#25     May 28, 2011
  6. If my friend ever decides to rent an apartment, how would he pay his rent and utilities without a bank account or can he just use money orders and prepaid debit cards?

#26     May 28, 2011
  7. I think you have to have good credit to rent an apartment.

#27     May 29, 2011
  8. #28     May 29, 2011
  9. I don't think so. Illegals rent apartments. You may just have to put down a bigger security deposit. There are so many people nowadays with bad credit.

#29     Jun 2, 2011
  10. This reminds me of Vietnam Draft avoiding stories from when I was little. One guy stayed awake drinking coffee 5 nights in a row and pretended to be gay.

Survival mode!

#30     Jun 3, 2011