Collecting unemployment and trading?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by traderx43, Feb 24, 2010.

1. loza

loza Guest

The UI is insurance (as the name implies) that you and I are paying into. It is for those who LOST their job, BUT once held a job for an extended period, and need money. That excludes most dip shits here on ET....
    What part of that you thick, US educated, drug fuzzed up, inbred brain cannot comprehend?

#11     Feb 25, 2010

2. I hope your FXCM micro account blows the fuck up. Honestly. I've never wished that upon anyone before, but I just did. Way to "beat the man", bro, homey, cool guy, etc. Your parents must be so proud of you. I bet you tell everyone how great of a trader you are, how it "pays my bills" etc. What you're not telling them is that honest, working people are making transfer payments to pay for your bills and your glue-huffing habit.

But like you said...fuck it. I'm sure America owes you one.

#12     Feb 25, 2010
    Digidave10 likes this.
  3. Technically speaking, I do not see the problem with trading income causing problem with UI checks. Trading is not "work". IRS doesn't think so, and so that's that. Some guy has stocks in etrade that he turns over once every three months - we turn it over three times a day - big deal. It is not earned income.

The I in the UI stand for Insurance. You paid premiums over your working life, now collecting on it - what is the big deal? It's not like getting a bailout for free like so many have got (stupid homeowners, Goldman, ...).

I am now lawyer / accountant. but I say go for it.

#13     Feb 25, 2010
  4. wmb

wmb

I'm not begrudging anyone collecting their insurance after having been layed off and your a crack head! I just dont understand the extensions and the fact that so many are taking the money, their isnt enough money to take it really was for the "guy" who really really needed to put food on his table for his children and needed to really really to get by. their is a thing called dignity, what part of that do americans not get these days. go work a 7-11, wait tables, clean houses. wtf is with the reverse arrogance like your frickin entitled to money from the government. we all pitched in for this insurance for the crack head who got laid off. not the ex gs guy ! IF their arent any jobs create one or use your frickin spouses money to get by. and tell that obama idiot to knock it off you dont need the money. mabe then jobs would be created. grow fruit and sell it to fellow unemployment recipents!

#14     Feb 25, 2010
  5. pretty fucked up man, this country is going to hell.

hmm maybe i should do that too...LOL:D

#15     Feb 25, 2010
  6. Wow, what did you do so your UI check got cut off? :confused:

Seriously, type in a few sentences coherently first, okay? Before you talk about crack-heads. Now,
    1. UI: Unemployment Insurance. NOT Unemployment Entitlement
    2. Many people are unemployable for waiting tables. Like people who made $100k+ in their regular jobs etc.
    3. It's not the fault of unemployed people that we have been following rotten fiscal policies for so long and the economy is in the toilet and unemployment rate is so high
    4. Getting established in trading is "creating jobs"

Now go back to sniffing glue

#16     Feb 25, 2010
  7. wmb

wmb

Talk about incredible arrogance! No my check didn't get cut off but I bet yours got extended! With your excellant typing skills and proper grammar you are probably over qualified for most jobs except an editor of this forum!
    1-the insurance was for those who really needed the services of the government. No self respecting american years ago would have taken the insurance readily let alone twice or 3 times. GET a JOB! Fiscal policies.... stop listening to the media and obama. grow some fruit or maybe in your case go tutor someone! Entitlement is exactly what you are suggesting you deserve!

2-Unemployable for waiting tables than wash the frickin dishes and get the dish washer to wait the tables, you fool!

3.It IS the fault of unemployable people that they are unemployable! You are following obama to long and you beleive his government assisted nonsense. I dont begrude you I just dont want to pay for your day trading account!

4. Yes as I said day trading is a job so why the frick are you taking unemployment insurance? You have a job! Glue sniffing , stop smoking the bang bang all day and alot of this will make sense to you. Why would you take my money that I put into the unemployment insurance pool! It really was never intended for us as opposed to the crack head who cant help himself? I guess when i get laid off i 'll feel so frickin bad for myself i ll become a drunk and a pot head that i will become unemployable and than need the assistance but until that happens ;deliver newspapers, sell grapes, wash the dishes stop your frickin arrogant ways and sneakily except the checks. IF you had to go get the checks like they used to you probably would not want them. Things are bad so but clearly if your day trading they are not that bad for you! give the money to someone else. maybe a charity that is going bust!
    i guess i have to take my time in this forum!

#17     Feb 25, 2010
  8. @wmb
    1. I never said anything about my check :). Boy, did I poke something sensitive...
    2. UI premium payment is not optional. But how would you know? You never ran payroll. Govt. takes it. It's mandatory payment
    4. Who are you to provide your learned opinion about who "needs" the UI check?
    3. I (or any other employer) never hire anyone "over-qualified". But how would you know? You never hired anyone.

#18     Feb 25, 2010
  9. wmb

wmb

You didnt poke anything sensitive re read your previous goofy comment! It seems you are the one that is sensitive. No you didnt say you received anything it is called rhetorical but you implied that people are entitled to the payments. What is subject here did I miss something?

#19     Feb 25, 2010
  10. "collect unemployment from a company you used to work for"?

How does it work in the US then?
    Your former employer pays you unemployment money when they ley you go?

here in the UK, if you are out of work, you go to the jobcentre and you get paid a little bit of money from the governement (about $182 Every 2 weeks) until you find a job.

lots of people here in the UK live on such benefits for their entire lives! they also often get their rent paid for them by the government. If such a person were also able to trade, they would have the perfect life! Practically no outgoings, free money coming in, PLUS trading profits!! lol.

#20     Feb 25, 2010