Collars

Discussion in 'Options' started by the_dude, Apr 1, 2002.

1. nitro

nitro

I'm in Chicago! What suburb?

Where are you thinking? My wife and daughter have had it too. Have you resolved the T1 issues?

nitro

#11     Apr 2, 2002
  2. me three...I think all of you are depressed because it is snowing in April!!!!!!!!

#12     Apr 2, 2002
  3. nitro

nitro

Yeah, and what about that steel gray? Enough to make anyone depressed. It has been a mild winter tho...

Ideally, I would like to live on the "islands" during the Chicago winter, and either in Chicago in the summer, or somewhere else that has access to a big city.

What suburb are you in?

nitro

#13     Apr 2, 2002
  4. Wayne, by St. Charles

Probably Freeport because it is closest to Miami, Nassau would be better. They are available and somewhat reasonable in the Bahamas, about $2K, PTP is flakier it seems.

#14     Apr 2, 2002
  5. Caribbean in the winter, Mediterranean in the summer, would be better.

#15     Apr 2, 2002
  6. nitro

nitro

So by North and St. Charles road, a little west of Elmhurst.

Hmmm, maybe we should check out Freeport - is it a nice place to go on vacation?

$2K for a straight T1? That's expensive, but I guess Internet access is a luxury on the islands.

BTW, have you considered Bermuda?

nitro

#16     Apr 2, 2002
  7. pretzel

pretzel

Check out www.optionstar.com, no need to pay for datafeed for delayed data, no need for monthly fee.

pretzel

#17     Apr 2, 2002
  8. nitro

nitro

That's a nice post!

Do you use the software? Have you used the competition? Just wondering if you had anything to add...

Thx.

nitro

#18     Apr 2, 2002
  9. pretzel

pretzel

They have 3 packages. I only have the plain vanilla option spread analyzer. They have a package called spread scanner, which will automatically look for the spreads or combinations with the best profit to risk ratio from a specified universe of stocks . I think you can calculate everything manually but the software gets the data from free websites and does the calculations for you with all the graphs. You can sign up for live data for about $11/mo but I think it's not as critical because options move slowly.

The site also has some very good educational material on options.

I tried the Optionetic Platinum trial before but you have to pay a monthly fee (which I remember is not cheap ).

pretzel

#19     Apr 3, 2002
  10. More like west of Route 59, on North; where are you at?

Freeport is pretty quiet, only about 40,000 people. They have some nice hotels. If you are going on vacation Nassau is a lot better.

Last year we were getting $10K quotes per T1, a big improvement; our Tier 1 T1 here is about $1.2K, a PTP to downtown Chicago is $900, and a frame to the east coast is $1.3K.

Bermuda has strange residency, and to far from the US to interest my wife. Freeport is only about 80 miles from Miami; sort of like a suburb.

#20     Apr 3, 2002