Collapse of the American Empire: Swift, Silent, Certain

Discussion in 'Economics' started by WallStWhizKid, Mar 10, 2010.

1. also I call bullshit on the second paragraph of your post, engineers and scientists used to come to the US because of the high wages

20 years ago, an engineer with 5 years of experience would make $2000 a month, he could (depending on his country) buy a condo in the capital city of his country for $4000, now an engineer with 5 years of experience makes $5000 a month (after taxes) while the price of the same condo is $200K in the same city

my point, US wages aren't as high as they used to be, and now they are eroding at unprecedented rates, less than a decade down the road and there will be zero incentive and serious cons in immigrating to US, zero incentive because wages will have eroded to global levels, and serious cons because the control freak government with their shitty bureaucracy will cause even greater pain for the decent man

that means your example should go as such; a murderer escapes from a prison in south america, then comes to america, bribes some officials and lawyers who help him get a greencard, that is the future of america, gone will be the days when scientists and engineers wanted to come to america and make good money

#21     Mar 10, 2010

2. + infinite

#22     Mar 10, 2010
  3. LOL

Partly true but remember those holywood movies do the brainwashing. You are missing the importance of movies. Travel overseas and you will be amazed.

#23     Mar 10, 2010
  4. maxpi

maxpi

Amen bro. I saw the destruction of the middle class coming decades ago. I was desperately searching for a way to not go into poverty. I had a computer related business with tremendous potential but it got destroyed by a crazy relative that I trusted. Then I discovered trading.

I don't think the tipping point into the demise was in the Clinton-Bush era, it was in the Vietnam era. I lived through that wondering the entire time what the hell we were doing bombing the s%^t out of a third world country. I thought it represented imperialistic hubris to the absolute maximum extent and we didn't even win it to boot....

#24     Mar 10, 2010
  5. That isn't even close to being enough to solve the problem.

The US needs to default, the sooner the better.

#25     Mar 10, 2010
  6. rbartell

rbartell

This post is dead on. The problem is it takes a lot of intuition/knowledge to grasp this, so it is regularly overlooked. For more on this, read:
    Chaos and Order in the Capital Markets: A New View of Cycles, Prices, and Market Volatility

#26     Mar 10, 2010
  7. I agree, hollywood movies are two hour advertisements of america, and people overseas are stupid too so they fall for it

but as wages erode in america, even those who wasted years trying to come into this country will return when they see for themselves that there are no jobs and shitty wages, except those losers who somehow fucked up back home and now can't go back, or their life is the same shit even if they go back so now that they've wasted years trying to get in, they'll just stay

#27     Mar 10, 2010
  8. no I called bullshit on his post, american government is the greatest control freak government out there, if you can't see it you are blind, but regardless show me how the government is allowing natural chaos to flow through the economy, the bailouts or is it the quantitative easing?

#28     Mar 10, 2010
  9. rbartell

rbartell

Wow, you should be embarassed to miss his point this dreadfully. He said chaos is "what made the US so great. And what is destroying it. The intervention because of the fear of this chaos is destroying the evolution of our society." That is directly in line with your views.

#29     Mar 11, 2010
  10. See I only went to elementary school and university here, all I remember from elementary school is; bitches having the class daydream of how america will be colonizing mars in the early 21st century, building flying cars and other random ass shit. White female teachers whose boyfriends and husbands had dumped them for some stupid reason, and now so full of hatred they came to class and took revenge on the kids, as if it were the kids who had fucked them over. Some of them were real fucking psychos, ie one had a big ass collection of troll dolls all over the class, and I always hated those fucking nasty ugly looking dolls, but we always had to go up to her and say ya I love your doll collection (shit face). So I don't remember anything about america being great even in the past, unless you are talking about sometime before I was born.

(Women are really stupid entities, why are they even allowed to teach?)

#30     Mar 11, 2010