Cold fusion success: real or myth?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by 9999, May 23, 2008.

1. piezoe

piezoe

Please see the link i gave in my previous post.

Also, with regard to containing the heat from fusion in a flask, a point that someone else raised. This has been looked at by those doing the research, and yes, at the attomole level it is containable.

There is definitely something going on here, and it looks to be fusion at a very low yield. This depends on surface physics being quite different than gas phase.

The last paper i published was highly controversial and took over five years and many peer reviews to be accepted, though it eventually was by the top surface chemistry journal in the world. The work has now been confirmed by others but is still questioned by some in spite of incontrovertible evidence. old ideas, even when wrong can be next to impossible to overturn.

By the way, we showed that molecules on a surface at room temperature are effected by gravity, whereas those in solution are not. This flies in the face of conventional wisdom which says that the kT (thermal) energy of molecules at room temperature is far to great for molecules in solution to be effected by gravity. And this, so far as we know, is correct. However, it turns out that once molecules are on a surface their entropy is hugely reduced, and they can now be affected by gravity. That is what physicists, who are marvelous at computing the interaction of ping pong balls in space, could not accept. And some still don't.

Give cold fusion a chance. Something very interesting is going on here, and it has to do with what happens to nuclei on a surface at extremely high density.

By the way, i have given enough information here that if do a thorough Google search you can probably find out who i am "in real life," as we know it! :D

#21     May 27, 2008
  2. And what is the top surface chemistry journal in the world?

You're partially right about fusion, which goes on randomly and spontaneously all the time at the atomic level. Since quantum physics is a study of probabilities, there's a 99% probability that 400 atoms are undergoing fusion in your body at any given time if you weigh 60Kg. However, it's all meaningless.

I might give cold fusion a chance, but it will be the same chance I give a perpetual motion machine, free energy, and water that replaces gasoline.

http://masteroftheuniverse.wordpress.com/

#22     May 27, 2008
  3. piezoe

piezoe

"Langmuir"

#23     May 27, 2008
  4. What's the name of the paper you wrote so I can check it out in Abstracts?

#24     May 28, 2008
  5. piezoe

piezoe

"Evidence for Gravity's Influence on Molecules at a Solid-Solution Interface," Langmuir,20(16)6651-6657(2004).

Well, i guess the cat is out of the bag now.

#25     May 28, 2008
  6. Check out The War Against Cold Fusion on Youtube.

#26     Jul 2, 2008
  7. http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/20050217027_2005218573.pdf

Sonoluminescence: A Galaxy of Nanostars Created in a Beaker

"As part of basic and applied research on advanced instrumentation technologies, the NASA Glenn Research Center is examining applications for sonluminescence: ultrasonically produced glowing bubbles that are hotter than the Sun...."

That's a NASA report... I got to admit, it caught my attention when I googled it...

#27     Jul 2, 2008