Cold Fusion part deux, short every oil, gas & utility on the planet??

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by tmarket, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Headlines like this would add credence to the cold fusion research: "Explosion at a cold fusion lab annihilates half of campus".

until then it is all hogwash as far as i am concerned.

Long Oil !!!

#41     Jan 27, 2011
  2. You can believe whatever you like, it will not change the fact that some as yet unexplained process is creating results that do not correlate with our current understanding of science. This demands further research because it is important to every human being.

I don't understand the dogma around the idea of moving science forward. When Galileo suggested the world wasn't the centre of the universe, they wanted him hanged. Nothing has changed.

Maybe we should ban all scientific research shortie, that way we will never change our thinking about anything.

Runningbear

#42     Jan 27, 2011
  3. Eight

Eight

That's not the reason there is no research. Right after Cold Fusion became a hot topic the US passed a law saying they would remove the funding from any university that went into Cold Fusion research! Big Oil rules the day...

Another odd fact about Big Oil: The Freedom of Information Act specifically excludes any material about oil companies!!

#43     Jan 27, 2011
  4. oil +4% after my call!

#44     Jan 28, 2011
  5. RedDuke

RedDuke

Can you please post any reliable links?

#45     Jan 28, 2011
  6. jinxu

jinxu

If you can't believe in cold fusion, then how are you gonna believe in anti-gravity technology? You believe you can make money in the stock market where the odds are against you but can't believe things like this. lol.

Boeing tries to defy gravity
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/2157975.stm

#46     Jan 28, 2011
  7. Oil might be up because of fear the unrest will spread.

From a technical standpoint: another verification I'd like to see, in addtion to created copper, is that there were rays created during the experiment. It was pointed out you would expect to see either x-rays or gamma rays created during that test.

#47     Jan 30, 2011
  8. I posted this on the other cold fusion thread.

Far more interesting for nuclear power than all this cold fusion nonsense is China's announcement of a development program for thorium fueled molten salt reactors:

http://energyfromthorium.com/2011/0...initiates-tmsr/

Molten salt thorium fueled reactors potentially have many advantages over current uranium fueled thermal reactors including:

* Near atmospheric pressure operation avoiding the need for expensive high pressure vessels.

* Very high fuel burn up with plenty of thorium for thousands of years.

* Very small high level waste stream safe after a few hundred years

* Higher temperature operation leading to better thermal efficiency and the possibility of using supercritical CO2 rather than steam turbines.

* Very safe with very simple, elegant safety systems.

* Highly resistant to weapons proliferation

The US has very few years left before it's lead in nuclear engineering and technology is gone forever.

#48     Jan 31, 2011
  9. Dragons eat Hydra at breakfast... that's why this one had to move to greece...

Thx for sharing.

That's the sad symptom of lobbyism. As these people can only support existing industry they have to destroy the new comers... Other countries aren't that stupids. AND have the capacity to defend their inventors against all kind of agression.

#49     Jan 31, 2011
  10. anyway !

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-ZGNEz9OoAA" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

#50     Jan 31, 2011